Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

I only want a couple dreads!

Lydia Aulozzi
@lydia-aulozzi
11 years ago
6 posts
So I'm new to dreading, and I only want a few dreads.I don't know I that seems crazy or not, I just want something different and my hair to stand out.I am unsure though on how to go about having just a few dreads and still manage the rest of my hair normally.I really need help, it will be so greatly appreciated to help me start!
updated by @lydia-aulozzi: 01/13/15 09:49:10PM
the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

Hi Lydia, for just a couple of dreads, I would use the twist & rip method and then maybe put a bead at the end of each or wrap them with embroidery thread or hemp, this will help keep them separated from the rest of your undreaded hair. Having a couple or few are fun to decorate and get creative with. Just wash your hair as you normally do, but make sure you rinse those dreaded sections out well so you don't get a build up of shampoo or soap residue. You will fall in love with them I bet and want to do all your hair in dreads.

Peace and have fun

Lydia Aulozzi
@lydia-aulozzi
11 years ago
6 posts
Thank you so much! I'm sure after a while I will dread my whole head, just want something fun to start with.
Patience
@patience
11 years ago
51 posts

Not crazy at all. My original intention was to tnr a few dreads underneath at the back and keep the rest straight to hide them.

(...but then I started reading all the info on this site and looking at the amazing and beautiful photos on natural timelines and decided to let the whole lot do as it pleased...)

Whichever way you go enjoy your journey - and don't forget to show us some photos :)

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

u can let itr go hatural till u got a few dreads then comb (but not condition) the regular hair

or u can tnr a few and comb the rest

or tnr a few and let the rest go natyurl once u got 1 you will want moree

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form