Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Waxed dreads formed residue pockets and lint!

Tiffany Davis
@tiffany-davis
11 years ago
6 posts

I've had my dreads for a year at the end of April, and a dreadlock website informed me that I need to wax my hair on the regular, which I now know is a HORRIBLE idea. Unfortunately for me, I used like two tubs of wax, one of them being beeswax which I also now know is excruciatingly hard to remove.

I recently had my locks bleached and noticed that many of my dreads had dark spots. Upon inspection, I realized that was built up lint, crud and gunk. Eeeew. I don't think my hair has molded, but some of them do smell a bit funny if I pull them a part a bit.

A few days ago, I received my Wax-B-Gone I purchased and let me just say, Soaring Eagle, you're like the dreadlock messiah. I don't know what I would have done if I wouldn't have found that product. The only thing is my hair is so solid, it's difficult for the Wax-B-Gone to reach the core of my hair. I've done an apple cider vinegar/baking soda soak and that helped a bit as well as well as washing with Dawn dish detergent. Should I continue this as well, as I'm going to continue using the Wax-B-Gone until I'm certain it's gone? It's only my second use of your wax removal product and I'm willing to continue it as much as possible.

How long should I wait in between uses? And is the lint in my hair dangerous to my dreads? There is a really good amount of it.

updated by @tiffany-davis: 01/13/15 09:49:07PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

lints no issue

but u got a lot of wax u ar going to need alot of wax b gone

1 might not be enough and u should use many uses afer your siure the waxzx is gone cause it might nit be

but it will get alot out adfter 5 or 6 uses it will be easu[ier to get it in deeper i bet

its just u got more wax then hair now ..its solid hard to penetrate so u gotta soften it up take off as few layers to get in there

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Tiffany Davis
@tiffany-davis
11 years ago
6 posts

Dude, you are such a lifesaver. I love all of the dreadlockshampoo products that I received do far and that patchouli shampoo is the bomb.

the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

It is a shame that there are sites out there that promote waxing, all to make money from unknowing people. There is nothing with wax that allows hair to truly be a dread, it just holds it together like a candle to give an impression of dreads. Wax holds in lint, smells, water, crap, what ever it wants to, so you will be so happy when that shit is out of your hair.

You will certainly find changes happening with each wax removal process, and they will feel lighter and lighter each time after wax b gone. We are so glad that you found this site too. Keep us posted on your process

Peace

Tiffany Davis
@tiffany-davis
11 years ago
6 posts

I love how they're feeling right now. There's still so much trapped lint and gunk, but they're sooo much puffier and squishier now. I even found a piece of GLITTER stuck in my hair yesterday while cleaning them. Jesus. D8

Laura Earle
@laura-earle
11 years ago
233 posts

*Imagines you applying WBG and pulling glitter, socks, sweaters, etc out of your hair*

...Sorry, sorry. Good luck getting the lint and wax and crud out!

Tiffany Davis
@tiffany-davis
11 years ago
6 posts

Haha, that's pretty much the gist of it. xD

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form