Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

essential oil spray questions

«arrows_of_the_rainbow☼
@arrows-of-the-rainbow
11 years ago
75 posts

Since I purchased some rosemary, tea tree, & peppermint oils, I was going to use them in a spray bottle as some people suggested. Two questions:

What do you recommend for a dropper to measure out the oils? an eye dropper, or some sort of other dropper?

For a regular 32 oz tall spray bottle, how many drops should I use of each? (I was thinking 30 drops for peppermint & rosemary, maybe 15 for tea tree since it's stronger? I'm not really sure)

I could also get a smaller spray bottle.

Thanks!

updated by @arrows-of-the-rainbow: 02/14/15 12:49:03PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

the esential oils should have a dropper top built into the bottle if not they most likely are not essential oils

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

do they not have a top like this?

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

Should you have an 100% pure essential oil that does not have a dropper, glass droppers can be purchased at your local drug store for only a couple of dollars :)

But SE is right, I have a Eucalyptus oil I purchased in the beginning of my journey, it has no built in dropper, turns out it is not an essential oil but an Oil BP.

Peace

Ojas Acharya
@ojas-acharya
11 years ago
172 posts

yea generally the bottles are provided with an inbuilt dropper or an external dropper.... and dude dont use too much oils to start with. preferably i'll recommend to start with smaller amounts then see how ur scalp reacts and thenchangethe amounts accordingly.. and as far as my knowledge goes 30 drops of peppermint oil is way tooo much. i just use 4 drops of pepermint oil. thats maximum 4 me. u can use more drops of rosemary but dont exceed teatree to over 8-10 drops.. good luck brother.

MoorZ
@moorz
11 years ago
46 posts

Hmmm I bought all my oils at once. Tea Tree, Lavendar and peppermint. All but the peppermint had a dropper and it was a larger bottle. Both the same exact brand tho. I think I'm safe.

the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

My Tea Tree Oil is 100% Pure Australian Oil, so good question.

Robyn said:

Is tea tree oil from wal mart ok to use or is that not right..? Is there a 100% pure tea tree EO ? :/
Angel Frye
@angel-frye
11 years ago
409 posts

The tea tree oil at Walmart is indeed EO. That's the stuff we use here at our house. There is no dropper lid or insert but I think that's because it's meant to be used on cotton balls as an antiseptic.

«arrows_of_the_rainbow☼
@arrows-of-the-rainbow
11 years ago
75 posts

soaring eagle said:

oh maybe they did. I just tried opening one the other day and thought it was just a small bottle with no dropper, I probably missed seeing it haha. I'll check tomorrow when I'm back home.

Ojas Acharya said:

and as far as my knowledge goes 30 drops of peppermint oil is way tooo much. i just use 4 drops of pepermint oil. thats maximum 4 me. u can use more drops of rosemary but dont exceed teatree to over 8-10 drops.. good luck brother.

well wouldn't it be more since this is a spray bottle intended for multiple time use, instead of just a one time use like when you're doing a bs/acv wash?

Ojas Acharya
@ojas-acharya
11 years ago
172 posts

Okay yea if its for multiple uses then u can add more of them.. but in any case peppermint should be used much less.... even lesser than tea tree oil... u'll feel very cold otherwise.. ;)

arrows_of_the_rainbow said:

soaring eagle said:

oh maybe they did. I just tried opening one the other day and thought it was just a small bottle with no dropper, I probably missed seeing it haha. I'll check tomorrow when I'm back home.

Ojas Acharya said:

and as far as my knowledge goes 30 drops of peppermint oil is way tooo much. i just use 4 drops of pepermint oil. thats maximum 4 me. u can use more drops of rosemary but dont exceed teatree to over 8-10 drops.. good luck brother.

well wouldn't it be more since this is a spray bottle intended for multiple time use, instead of just a one time use like when you're doing a bs/acv wash?

/ 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form