Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Dread Dissection (after dread wax use)

Hayley Turner
@hayley-turner
14 years ago
49 posts
Thanks to myself and my house mate I have two examples of previously waxed dreads to dissect. My house mate cut her dreads to shoulder length after realising they were getting inconvenient being down to her ass and I cut 3 of mine off so that I can get a tattoo where they were. Hers were waxed for 4 years (and no they weren't removed because of the condition of them, they have not been particularly weakened, the only weak dreads were the ones she regularly bleached, though admittedly they are a little icky on close inspection) she stopped waxing them about 3 months ago when I weaned her on to aloe vera. Mine were waxed originally for about 5 months because I too didn't know any better, but have had no further wax on them since June last year and I made attempts at wax removal. (Which clearly didn't work too well)I'm posting this for interests sake only and would appreciate if people would refrain from insisting that I should restart mine or criticising them or anything like that.I'm yet to take pictures of them because I don't have a camera, but I'm working on it, so watch this space. The more people show interest in wanting to see pictures the harder I will try, sadly I'm not a highly motivated person.
updated by @hayley-turner: 02/14/15 06:12:33AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
take pictures now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!is that the kinda motivation u need?

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Jodie Hyland
@jodie-hyland
14 years ago
23 posts
yea i wanna see pics too :)
Matted Dew
@matted-dew
14 years ago
213 posts
get um upppppppppps!!! hahahahah
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
since herdissection pics may be on page 2 or 3 i think i'll add another members that were posted elsewhere

notice te last pic looks like a nice neat dread? THAT WAS TAKEN AFTER DISSECTION, IT WAS THEN PALM ROLLED ONCE AND THE WAX GLUED IT BACK TOGETHER!!!!!i cant find the thread, but i believe he waxed lighhtly 4 months then no wax 2 1/2 years before cutting, i may be wrong.lets make this the official dissection thread, not just hers and her roommies but anyone who cut waxy dreads and cut em open

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
altered title sligtly and added tags

--
anthony williams
@anthony-williams
14 years ago
101 posts
pics!!!!!
carolanne costantino
@carolanne-costantino
14 years ago
2 posts
Does this mean youd have to really start all over again if you've waxed your dreads to the point you know theres gotta be at least SOME of that in them? if they get moldy, can it travel? anthony williams said:
pics!!!!!
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
if you can your best bet uis to start over , but if you cant ten get as much out as u can carolanne costantino said:
Does this mean youd have to really start all over again if you've waxed your dreads to the point you know theres gotta be at least SOME of that in them? if they get moldy, can it travel?

anthony williams said:
pics!!!!!

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
we are still waitting

--
 / 2