Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Hi guys, new here ( obviously ). My son and I are dreading....

danny f
@danny-f
11 years ago
4 posts

I'm 39, my son is 4. We are both going for the neglect method.

His hair is quite a bit longer than mine ( mine is just starting to lock at the back ).

But his has been locking up for about a month now ( I guess ).

I am a bit worried as there seems to be this large matted flat patch at back. Ihave tried to section it a bit but not sure what the best way to approach this would be.

Picture 1 back

Picture 2 back - close up on matted area

updated by @danny-f: 01/13/15 09:48:57PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

1st off take the bands out!

2nd when wet pull them away from eachother if u cant seperate it still apply a lil olive oil just to the connected parts and try again

if u strill cant seperate it come back theres other steps to try but dont want to mention em unless its nesacary

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
danny f
@danny-f
11 years ago
4 posts

Ok thanks for the tips.. I think it will separate as its not that thick ( yet ).

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

yea it looks esy to eperate
its way easier when wet the hairs easier to break but more elastic too so it stretcheds then breaks so theres alot less pain involved and it just comes apart easier

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

That's awesome you are both dreading together. For sections, it is recommended that they should be no larger than a 25 cent coin / 1 inch in diameter. See where the section meets the scalp, that is how thick the dread will become. Larger sections look great, but they can take over 24 hours to dry once mature. Try to make sections as square as possible, meaning not a wide, thin group of hairs together. Kids toss and turn all night long, so you may have to separate your son's sections daily to avoid them from joining into each other.

Keep the pictures coming on his progress, we love the little ones. Peace

danny f
@danny-f
11 years ago
4 posts

Thanks guys! great information!

Regarding the sections, should they be quarter sizedall the way down to the scalp?

And sectioning I guess stuff's gonna get ripped along the way eh?

ZomNoms
@zomnoms
11 years ago
18 posts

I love that you and your son are doing this together :D

danny f
@danny-f
11 years ago
4 posts

Yes, I know. Its awesome. lol

Dislike 0

Tags