Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

To Seperate or Not?

April Brown
@april-brown
11 years ago
49 posts

Okay so I'm kinda bummed because this dread is my fave, I love how tight and loopy and solid it has become. It has matured faster then any others BUT my concern is that it is sectioned awkward and it's rather large... biggest of all of them. It doesn't lay natural no matter which direction I try to have it, it just feels awkward. Here are several photos and I tried to get different angles and show it the different directions so you can see what mean. I'm bummed because I'm afraid I need to brush it out and separate it into two or three smaller dreads that follow the natural part line more comfortably. I'm tow and half months into my journey. I can already feel some tension on my scalp and from what I hear it will get heavier over time. What y'all think??

updated by @april-brown: 03/01/18 01:43:20PM
April Brown
@april-brown
11 years ago
49 posts

I think so too, then I was checking out the rest of my top ones and I have about four that are pretty large and it seems like they want to split themselves, what is the best way to brush em out? I hope I don't get carried away and end up with no dreads let lol

April Brown
@april-brown
11 years ago
49 posts

Thanks Here is a pic of some of the others I think may need seperating

updated by @april-brown: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
April Brown
@april-brown
11 years ago
49 posts

I actually really like the fatter dreads, I'm more concerned with how the one lays, and the one that has spilt itself. So ,maybe I will just seperate the two. I hate taking two steps backwards.Kena how did yours come out? Do you have pics?

April Brown
@april-brown
11 years ago
49 posts

yea I'm thiking maybe just the two really weird ones, I might have a fellow dread head come see what she thinks. I guess it's really the disadvantage of not allowing them to naturally section themselves.

Kelsey Cliche!
@kelsey-cliche
11 years ago
122 posts
It is completely up to you and your personal preference. I have split two larger dreads and I don't regret doing it. One I split early on into 3, and they dreaded up just as fast as the other ones. I combed it out starting at the tip, then tnr'd it into smaller sections. The other one I split more recently because the way it sat was painful. I loved how big and loopy it was, but it was irritating my scalp too much. I wear my hair tied back at work, though, so that could have also been bugging it. Just weigh the pros and cons. :)
April Brown
@april-brown
11 years ago
49 posts

Thanks Kelsey, I'm still on the fence lol I worry that I will find justifications to keep going. Last night I obsessed over it and then finally had to tell myself to chill the f*%k out and keep it simple

April Brown
@april-brown
11 years ago
49 posts

Update: I did comb out just the one that was pulling on my scalp.. kinda sad but I knew it was gonna cause problems later if it got heavy. I'm leaving it out until I wash with BS and then I will probably tnr it into three smaller dreads.

Danielle Hache
@danielle-hache
11 years ago
100 posts

nice looks good. so funny cause i ended up separating too. 3 big dreads over the weekend , i couldnt comb out though i ripped them apart and it wasnt too difficult i guess they really wanted to be apart...:)

April Brown said:

Update: I did comb out just the one that was pulling on my scalp.. kinda sad but I knew it was gonna cause problems later if it got heavy. I'm leaving it out until I wash with BS and then I will probably tnr it into three smaller dreads.

updated by @danielle-hache: 07/23/15 05:06:02PM
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form