Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Dreadlock question

Mel Harrison
@mel-harrison
11 years ago
2 posts

Hey, my name Is Mel. I am 17 & Ill be enlisting In the Army within about a year. I take It seriously, yet the only problem I have Is I have dreadlocks. I havent had them to long & I really do not want to remove them, at all, what so ever. Is there any way around this? A petition? Religion? Culture? Please let me know. Thank you!

updated by @mel-harrison: 01/13/15 09:48:51PM
the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

Welcome Mel. Doesn't the female Army population only have to tie their hair up? If so, then I would think that you would only have to tie up your dreads.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

there have been others who have petitioned to keep them on religios grounds so its worth a shot

but why are you wanting to join the army?

the simplest way to keep yoiur dreads is to not join

then you wont be throwingaway your youth ..and possibly your life all for political strugles and financial powerplays that you may or may not believe in yet are expectedto die for

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Mel Harrison
@mel-harrison
11 years ago
2 posts

No, they still are not allowed. Even If they are In a pony or bun. Which I think to be stupid because you are allowed to have corn rolls & not dreads. Dumb right? I was just trying to see a way around It. The reason why I want to join the Army Is because I have relatives that did, Its just one of my Interests & Its good pay, to help get me on my feet. I was Interested & wanted to join the Army before I got my dreads, but now Im not as sure. I really love them & do not want to cut or brush them out. I just dont think Its right...& how do I do a petition?

BeauZay
@beauzay
11 years ago
92 posts

I say don't do it Mel, but thats just me. Wish you luck with whatever you choose to do though.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form