Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

My Employers....

James Colby Justice
@james-colby-justice
11 years ago
75 posts

So my employers just asked me if I could cut my hair before I return to work over the next week. I've seen Soaring Eagle's letter to employers which is very informative to employers as to why dreads should not be discriminated against and I was just wondering if I could have a copy of that so I could be able to print it off for them to read. :)

updated by @james-colby-justice: 01/13/15 09:48:41PM
BeauZay
@beauzay
11 years ago
92 posts

Found here: http://www.dreadlockssite.com/forum/topics/letter-to-employers-concerning?commentId=3754945%3AComment%3A143718

hello i am known as soaringeagle , now i know that does not give me much professional credibility so I will also let you know I am also pete. I run a website www.dreadlockssite.com that strives for clean healthy dreads as natural as can be that can last a lifetime. i'm writting you today to explain why your employee or prospective employee should be alowed to have dreads and not restricted to "manicured drewads" other sites on the web stress manicured dreads as the only option to employability, but why do they do that? to make dreads more acceptible? no to make a profit selling harmful products. in order for dreads to fit into this false image of perrfect tidy "appropriate" dreads they use wax crochet, interlocking felting all sorts of very damaging methods and products, the result being dreads without personality that are all the same, but are weakened, coated in wax that can become rancid and filthy. the quest for clean tidy looking dreads results in gross sticky stiff dreads. now i will explain my name, it was given to me in a seneca naming cerimony as a spiritual name. (no i am not seneca) this relates to dreads because most dreads are not simply fashion, and the ones that start off as fashion quickly take on a more profound spiritual meanning. all dreads started for religios reasons are natural or should be the religios rtexts command thewy not be maintained and manicured so natural dreads are the most protected by law. they also give the greattest satisfaction and sense of well being and confidence. emploters who alow employees to dread benifit from having happy employees who have a deeper sense of self and a confidence and strength dreads also get a great deal of respect from most people but a few will have a negative reaction. of this costs you any customers you can rest assured that those customers are the types to leave over a employee with a zit a missing tooth or anything they decide to find fault with. if your business is food service you will be happy to know dreads prevent hairs from falling out in food more effectively then hair nets do. i'm not writting you to convince you you should allow dreads, after all descrimination based on beliefs is ilegal (and no ypu dont need to be rasta to dread christuiand jews muslims bufdhists hindu all majot religions and minor spiritualities have reasons to dread just like its a spiritual reason just to believe man should live as naturaly as can be) but i am writting to exoplain why you should not demand a tidy dread look thats dammaging to dreads aND WILL CAUSE THEM TO BE LOST PREMATURELY. THE REAL BEAUTY IN DREADLOCKS ISNT IN THE NEATNESS BUT IN THE ORGANIC NATURAL WAY THEY GROW. I HOPE YOU CAN RESPECT YOUR EMPLOTEES RIGHTS TO HAVE THEYRE DREADS THEYRE WAY. NOTE: KEEPING THEM CLEAN OFCOURSE SHOULD BE EXPECTED, TYING THEM BACK NEATLY CAN BE A COMPROMIDSSE. HOWEVER COURT CASES HAVE SET PRECEDENTS THAT THEY CANNOT BE REQUIRED TO BE COVERED, AND IM SURE THAT WOULD ALSO SUPORT THEM NOT BEING REQUIRED TO BE ALTERED FROM THE WAY THEY NATURALY GROW. MOST NEW DREADS GOING NATURAL WOULD PROBABLY BE WILLING TO COVER THEM DURING THE EARLY NATURAL "MESSY" STAGE BUT THAT IS A COMPROMISE THEY MUST BE WILLING TO MAKE. YALK TO YOUR EMPLOYEE COMMUNICATION IS KET. DREADLOCKS MEAN ALOT TO MOST PEOPLE AND YOU SHOULD NOT MAKE THEM CHOOSE BETWEEN A DEEPLY SPIRITUAL LIFE CHOICE AND THE ABILITY TO WORK EFFECTIVELY. YOU MAY JUST BE SURPRISED AT HOW VALUABLE OF AN EMPLOYEE YOU GET WHEN YOU LET THEM BE HAPPY. THANK YOU (PLEASE EDIT AS U WISH AND USE I KNOW I GOT ALOTTA TYPOS ITS JUST A ROUGH DRAFT THAT U CAN BASE YOUR OWN LETTER OFF OF OR USE MINE AND JUST CLEAN IT UP...LOL) see i should watch what i type all caps..lol ok u will have to redo it all i tried

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

yes but edit it and inform them its ilegal religios descrimination to ask you to do that

edit the letter and make it a lil more personal

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
James Colby Justice
@james-colby-justice
11 years ago
75 posts

Thank you SE! :)

KnotLady
@knotlady
11 years ago
300 posts

let us know how it goes.

Laura Earle
@laura-earle
11 years ago
233 posts

:( That's rough. I would have have told them to go stick their corporate ideals where the sun don't shine and walked out then and there, but I wouldn't suggest that you (or anyone in this situation) do that...

James Colby Justice
@james-colby-justice
11 years ago
75 posts

The only compromise I have to make is to wear a hat! Thank you all again! Much love!

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

awesome!

texhnicaly you dont have to make that compromise but u could,,and maybe should just as a thank you

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form