Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Congo problems

AngryHippie
@angryhippie
11 years ago
7 posts

Hi longtime lurker finally hit a bit of a wall with the neglecting. The back of my hair, pretty much everything above the face of my neck up has knotted up. I tried to grab some pictures but they were rubbish. Anyway I've tried to live on with it but it's just to big I can't rest my head at certain angles anymore and I'm scarred I'll uni-dread down the line. For the past two months I've been washing about 5 times a fortnight instead of my usual 3 and also upped the vinegar dramatically. I've been pulling on it all the time to help it freely form as its own thing and today I after my shower I had a good attempt at separating what I could but to no avail. I'm really torn about it, I really like big dreads but this guy is netting/webbing at the top half and at least the bottom is super mature. What can I do?? Do I de-dread and try again, shave, cut!?

Sorry for rant bit distraught on it I'm 26months in from a previous shave

updated by @angryhippie: 02/14/15 06:24:49AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

soak thatr huge congo in conditioner or olicve oil and comb it out

then let it redread but seperate seperate seperate

i wonder what freud would say about the big dread desire haha

really u dont want anything thicker then a quarter or its just going to be a hassle

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
AngryHippie
@angryhippie
11 years ago
7 posts

Ok I'll do that for my next wash in a few days time. Here's a picture taken 3-4months back, I'm sure you can pick me out. Enjoy the view it's my parents house in NZ. Oh I'm sure I know which way Freud would take it is he still even respected in the empty scientific field of psychology.

the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

Beautiful and inspiring scenery in NZ. I can almost see the Hobbit peeking over that hill way way in the back. Good luck working on that mass, you'll get there and then Soaring Eagle and the rest of us will keep your dreads happy. Peace

Tim5
@tim5
11 years ago
359 posts

Is it possible to make a series of very precise cuts and release it into a few dreads?

peace.

Tim5
@tim5
11 years ago
359 posts

Now Ive seen the photo. I agree with the Eagle.

peace

AngryHippie
@angryhippie
11 years ago
7 posts

Well the mature part is a collection of half a dozen half inch dreads which them self have dreaded. I'm pretty fond of it it's like a bun with the ends sticking out here and there. While I could snip the baby hair (which I see when I pick the bun up) off from being sucked in I'd have to then cultivate them both so that the same scenario doesn't just strike back. The rest the netting stuff above the tight bond would be impossible to precise with both because it's hard to see (and control what im doing back there and that area is insanely unformulated. So I'll have a critical conditioner hose down, extensive comb and then maybe if it's still not cooperating a couple snips. Thanks everyone for the tips!

Tim said:

Is it possible to make a series of very precise cuts and release it into a few dreads?

peace.

the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

How long have you been dreading this set?

AngryHippie
@angryhippie
11 years ago
7 posts

Before I shaved I was neglecting and after I shaved I was neglecting. It's about 26 months since the shave and hair needs to be maybe 5inchs long (thin Caucasian hair) to get any real knots in it sooo.... sorry for the maths problem. Haha

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

looks long for 26 months from a shave

but snipping should be a last resort and done with surgical precision and tools that alow that precision

u can try to seperate insted of comb out then youd have to oil/condition the connected hairs try pulling apart if they wont budge then use an exacto bladeor tiny sxcissors and snip just a few hairs at a time while pulling them away from eachother

find 2 dreads pull to expose a v shape betwwen em and snip carefully a few hairs at a time till u release enough to pull the rrest apart

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form