Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Washing Dreads

Paul Harasimow
@paul-harasimow
11 years ago
5 posts

The first time I washed with bicarb soda my scalp really tingled alot. The second wash only tingled slightly andsubsequentwashes dont tingle at all. why is that?

Im now in week 3 and noticing that my hair is needing washing less as in it stays cleaner for longer. I've got my first very small knot forming at the back of my head yey!

Why do they say wash in cold water. I've been using hot water so far. I would rather use hot water than cold if it just slows down the dreadingprocessim in no rush.

Cheers

Paul

updated by @paul-harasimow: 01/13/15 09:48:21PM
the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

Hi Paul. At the end of your shower is when a good cold head rinse is added. This closes the pores on the scalp that produce natural body oil.

Laura Earle
@laura-earle
11 years ago
233 posts

The tingling deal happened to me too! I want to say that it's just your scalp getting used to the baking soda, but you're probably looking for a more detailed answer than that...

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

it tingles when its exfoliatting when u have less dead skin on the scalp it tingles less

hot water agrevates dry skin and dandruff as well as oiliness

if u have ni[o9ne of that hots fine

water temp has no affect on dreading speed

only on scalp and hair

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Paul Harasimow
@paul-harasimow
11 years ago
5 posts

Ahh thanks, Just tonight I've noticed a small amount of Dandruff. I will make sure to rinse well with cold water tomorrow after I wash my hair.

Thanks

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form