Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Starting dreads

Eb2u
@eb2u
11 years ago
5 posts

Hi, I want to know whats the best way to start dreads besides the obvious. I feel like I got caught up in the mainstream society and what humanity think is beautiful. I want to make mend with myself mentally spiritually andPhysically.

updated by @eb2u: 01/13/15 09:48:17PM
the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

Hi Eb2u. The best way to start dreads is by the neglect method. All you do is throw away the comb or brush, stop using conditioners & residue shampoos, keep them clean and let them dread. They will separate on their own and begin their journey.

What kind of hair do you have and how long is it?

Janna
@janna
11 years ago
19 posts

From the research I've done the healthiest way to start dreads is the natural/neglect method. I haven't started mine yet (one week to go!!) But if you don't want to severely damage your hair then you want to ditch pretty much all products, I think, this includes 'hardware' like combs or hooks. I'm not even using shampoo anymore, just a baking soda rinse

I'm starting dreads for similar reasons as you I think. Are you as excited as I am? :P

the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

Are you asking how to start them for your or for your toddler? For a toddler, just wash their hair with water, they don't produce oils like teens & adults do.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

just out of curiosity what did u mean by "the obvious"

but yea the best way isnt to start..but to stop

stop preventing them and they happen

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

oh..if it is for your todler theres really no way u can but natural

no toddlers going tp sit still for 5-26 hours of hair l]pulling pain ofcoudrse with a todler his/her hairs shortish so it wont be too many hours

but todlers hate having their hair combed let alone backcombed or tnr'ed

but they sure love to let it go wild anbd free

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form