Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

dry brittle extensions

beckbeck
@beckbeck
11 years ago
32 posts

ook so we know I have some extensions among my natural dreads, i have a fwe that seemed to dislike the whole speed dreading process they had to through (poor babies, if i could have let them dread naturally I would have!) anyway, they are very dry and brittle, all the way through. I don;t want them to break, what is a good conditioning method that is pretty simple? I have tea tree oil, eucalyptus oil, no baking soda unfortunately, no acv, I have some jasmine essential oil, and regular conditioner lying around, is any f that going to help? I have a small aloe plant in my yard, though I've heard aloe can sometimes leave hair a bit dry even after tightening it up.. oh I also have coconut oil.. would coconut oil work? i worry that if I put something like that in, it won;t wash out well, and could go rancid eventually. (I have looked at other discussions about this topic, but wonder if any of the things i have would do instead of the already suggested methods. much love <3 (soaring eagle, I'm counting on you for some killer advice ;)

edited: I also have vitamin E oil, don;t knwo if that would be suitable or not

updated by @beckbeck: 01/13/15 09:48:11PM
SquidFase
@squidfase
11 years ago
24 posts

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say.. Normal conditioner is a dreads worst enemy.

beckbeck
@beckbeck
11 years ago
32 posts

haha yes I know, just listing what I have in case there was some sort of possibility that it could be used before some type of rinse :P i was going out on a limb by mentioning every hair thing i owned lol

Void Of Insanity said:

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say.. Normal conditioner is a dreads worst enemy.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

only store boughgt aloe for sunburns or something that has alcahol or other ingredients will dry them out aloes yoir best bet..byut
are u sur its aloe vera
theres many aloe varieties and some are toxic scin iritants that will make u feel like yoir scalps on fire
u want only aloe vera

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
beckbeck
@beckbeck
11 years ago
32 posts

yes definitely aloe vera, there's tonnes of it growing around where i live- would vit E oil do any good?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

sure would dont use much tho

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form