Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Dandruff crust?

Kimmy2
@kimmy2
11 years ago
3 posts

First of all hi everyone, just registered but have been reading post in the forum for a while now. anyway, I got a problem or so i think.

I have been using baking soda, essential oil and apple cider vinegar for about 2 months now. Recently i started to find crust/stone (or what i should call it) on my scalp and im worry this is a sign that my scalp is irritated. I wash my hair every third day with baking soda. Sometimes i use essential oil and vinegar but mostly only baking soda. I always rinse the hair after 10min and i can feel that it itching a little bit time to time (not all the time, for example now i dont feel any itching). Sometimes its itching like hell mostly the last day before i wash my hair.

The crust is yellow and white.

Is this normal or is it a sign that my scalp is angry at me and that i need to do something about it? or is this just how it is at the beginning?

updated by @kimmy2: 01/13/15 09:48:02PM
the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

Hi Kimmy. The baking soda wash should stay on for 20 minutes. What measurements are you using for the BS & ACV?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

10 mins fine but u do want to always always use acv after now this might be cradle cap if its yellowish or psoriasis if it s cradsle cap u want to use an oil like jojoba a heavier oil directly on the scalp

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Kimmy2
@kimmy2
11 years ago
3 posts

It figures, this started to happened when i stopped using essential oil every time and started to use only baking soda more often. I also thought acv was something to be used like one time each month, how silly of me :/

I shall begin tomorrow with acv and start using it every time i wash my hair, and hopefully the problem will be solved?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

it should do the trick yea

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Kimmy2
@kimmy2
11 years ago
3 posts

Okey, so today i have washed my hair first with baking soda and (i mixed tree tea oil and lavender essential oil with it) and had it on for 10mins. Then i used the acv mixed with some water for 2-3mins.

Hopefully this will fix the crusts problem. I will definitely make an update about this,
but i think it was the acv, cause it feels a lot more different this time then when i almost all the time only used baking soda.

BeauZay
@beauzay
11 years ago
92 posts

Also I found a big difference in how fast the crust (dry skin plus oil from the scalp or whatever it was) came back from when I rinsed with warm water, to when I switched to rinsing with COLD COLD COLD water. Sitting under really cold water to rinse it out is hard to do, but makes a huge difference in stopping the oil produced by the scalp from coming back.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form