Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Don't use LUSH products on Dreads

the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

Yesterday I sent an email to LUSH to ask about their products, as I can drive to a store. The following reply was sent back to me today:

"Unfortunately none of our products are specifically meant for use on dreadlocks. We do carry a number of gentle solid shampoos that dont lather a huge amount, such as Gentle Lentil and Trichomania, however, I wouldn't be able to guarantee that they would do the trick as they could still leave a residue which may be difficult to remove completely, also, as they are soft products, they may not be optimal as they don't work incredibly well with soft water. This being said, I think that you may be best to use a dreadlock specific shampoo."

Hope anyone considering using these will change their minds. Tomorrow I WILL be ordering from dreadlock shampoo for the first time to use Vickie's wonderful products.

Namaste' my friends

updated by @the-barrellady: 12/29/16 05:34:11AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

well thats probly a good idea :)

its kinda funny too how many ppl have tried lush and said 1 or 2 seemed ok

but they wernt even the 1's lush thought were closest to acceptible

so since lush themselves say its not ok to use i think i should feature this

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

moving to products tho

--
the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

Believe it or not, I was surprised by their response.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

me too but it was fairly honnest at least not just out to make a sale and not care about the consequences

--
the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

It was, & I'm going to thank them for the honesty.

soaring eagle said:

me too but it was fairly honnest at least not just out to make a sale and not care about the consequences

Evelyn Maes
@evelyn-maes
11 years ago
30 posts

I use their products for more than 2 years now. Recently cut off 3 dreads, nothing in it... I don't have problems with it.

Ixchel
@ixchel
11 years ago
597 posts

educational, & good for them for being straight forward about it. thanks for sharing

KnotLady
@knotlady
11 years ago
300 posts

thatresponse was a good one. nice to hear a company be honest about something even though it might cost them.

updated by @knotlady: 07/22/15 11:52:08AM
the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

It was a very nice response and I will still purchase some products from them because of it.

KnotLady said:

thatresponse was a good one. nice to hear a company be honest about something even though it might cost them.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form