Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

2 Dread Theories

Kristina P
@kristina-p
11 years ago
14 posts

So, Ihavebeen pondering these two things. Let me know if right, wrong, crazy or just thinking far too much.

1. Dreadedhairthat gets washed by rubbing shampoo/cleaner on thenrinsingoff produces better dreaded grow out than hair that just gets water/cleaner/bs-acv poured on.

{I do the rubbing the scalp with the shampoo method and my new growth seems to be pretty dreaded]

2. The hair near the neckline doesn't dread as fast/well because it does not get much contact with sun/elements/products and sits where it can get oily. [on the skin]

[the reason for this is, I have a drullet. short tight dreads everywhere except the neckline]

What has anyone else experienced? don't forget to mention your hair texture!

updated by @kristina-p: 01/13/15 09:47:54PM
Heather Feather
@heather-feather
11 years ago
21 posts

I have been using the bs rinse for a month now, which is the only method I have used to wash my hair so I can only comment on that method of washing. It does seem like everytime I do the soak and rinse my dreads feel a little tighter and more and more of the loose hairs find their way home. I do plan on trying out the bar soaps soon though!

As far as the hair near the neckline, I totally agree! Before I was intentionally letting my hair dread it seemed like the hair undernearth was always a knotty rats nest, but now that I want it to be it's oily and stringy!

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

the hair all round the hairtlines lil thinner and oilier so thats why

i have found virtualy no diference in new growth dreadines when i use shampoo or baking soda

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Mons
@mons
11 years ago
518 posts
Your hair may grow a bit more by massaging your scalp with shampoo because of the increased blood flow from the stimulation. I could be wrong. Since you're not stimulating blood flow when using bs/acv, it grows a tad slower.
Mons
@mons
11 years ago
518 posts
Oh, I have total white girl hair. Silky, pretty straight. I have tons and tons of loose hair around my hairline, totally normal.
Kelsey Cliche!
@kelsey-cliche
11 years ago
122 posts
I also have a drullet. Hehe. My hair is medium thickness and only a little wavy. I did bs/acv for about 9 months or so. I switched to shampoo and massage my scalp now, and I'm getting way more knotting. It could be a combo of things though...water type, hair type, etc.
katietheladi
@katietheladi
11 years ago
34 posts

my first 3 neglect dreads are under all my hair at my neck and they are the best looking one, very loopy and twisty. i have pretty straight/ fine hair. i also do a shampoo but i dont use my finger tips to massage i..hmm how do i describe it... use the flat part of my hand.

probably not a good habit but i was feeling sick the other day and really needed to wash my hair so i had a bath and washed it (i only showered before) and then i went back to bed with wet hair and it was so crazy and seemed like a lot of progress over night

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form