Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Should I be concerned?

Jenny delligatti
@jenny-delligatti
11 years ago
8 posts
I've had my dreads for almost two years now. They still have loops lumps and zig zags. Is this normal? Also my roots are becoming less locked. Should I be concerned
updated by @jenny-delligatti: 02/14/15 09:43:17AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

hmm not nesacarily but maybe

give me a full history what was done to start as maintenance what products how u wash with what etc

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
taye
@taye
11 years ago
833 posts

It says you started your dreads in oct. 2011 on your profile. That is only 1 year and 4 months. My dreads shrank and looped and zigg zagged for over 2 years. I have a couple of baby dreads that are over 2 years old that zig zag all the way up. My dreads are almost 5 years and i still have bumps in mine and i get loops and bumps in my new growth. The roots will change constantly as your hair grows. It does not sound like you have any problems to me. It is all normal.

Jenny delligatti
@jenny-delligatti
11 years ago
8 posts
Well I started the neglect method about two urs ago but after 6 months no combing and no knots I decided to back comb. I started with the wax the first few days but realized my mistake and immediately got rid of most of it fairly easily. Now I wash once a week with diluted bronners and blow dry and seperate. That's all
the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

You can't get rid of most of the wax Jenny, you must get rid of it all. Hair will not dread properly when there is any residue of wax inside the section. Are there any other products or maintenance you are using that is not listed on your profile? We all can help you more if we know everything.

the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

Loops and zig zags happen when the hair is doing its journey to maturity. Yours are just starting to do it a little further in time. Maybe due to wax residue?

Jenny delligatti
@jenny-delligatti
11 years ago
8 posts
Nope...no other products or maintance. I jus let um do theyr thing now. I met this chick the other day with dreads who says to use Shea butter roots problems but I've heard that's not good also so not sure
the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

Before you use it type in Shea butter in the search tab near the top left and see what others have said about it. Mine are only 2 weeks shy of a year, so I have not used anything on them. That tab is great, type in any word and tons of comments will pop up for you. A great way to learn about other members pros and cons from their own experience.
Jenny delligatti said:

Nope...no other products or maintance. I jus let um do theyr thing now. I met this chick the other day with dreads who says to use Shea butter roots problems but I've heard that's not good also so not sure
Jenny delligatti
@jenny-delligatti
11 years ago
8 posts
Well I've had the loops and zig zags the whole time but I heard they get sucked in eventually as the dreads mature but I thought they would be doing that by now. They've jus never gone away. Not that theyr a problem bc I really don't mind um but the roots are more my concern
Mons
@mons
11 years ago
518 posts
Your hair may have gone thru a growth spurt, causing the loose roots. Over time they'll tighten up. It's totally normal to have anywhere from 1/4 inch to 3 or so inches of loose root. The more your hair moves, the more the roots will tangle up. If you pull your hair back, wear a bandana, restrict movement in any way, it'll slow them down.
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form