Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Do i really need to palm roll and twist?

Sara Gray
@sara-gray
11 years ago
27 posts

I got my dreads done Feb 15, and i have washed them since then. They were back combed..yes i know its not the best way but i didnt know that then..no wax..no products though..which is a plus from what i understand. They have loosened quite a bit and a few at the bottom of my hair came out since my hair is fairly short. should i palm roll them to make them not as flat or does that loosen they knots? everyone keeps telling me to "twist them" really tight at the root. one of my friends said if i do them naturally that i will end up with HUGE dreads. I want them different sizes thats fine just not all really big dreads..nothing wrong with them , just not my preference. should i roll them while they are damp? and i cant even reach the ones in the back anyway..if you have any advice please let me know! thanks

updated by @sara-gray: 01/13/15 09:47:47PM
the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

You did the back combing, now all you need to do is wash and separate, nothing else. Do not palm roll, it really does not good, only very temporary, and can cause small breakage to the hairs from rubbing them. Don't re-twist, keep em loose however they want to go. You did the blueprint, now just sit back and let em be.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,639 posts

twisting will make u go bald that makes them thinner and thinner till theres more scalp then hair never twist or palm roll leave em alone

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
KnotLady
@knotlady
11 years ago
300 posts

palm rolled dreads look wierd to me. it does have a little affect...and its funky looking. like SE said, twisting will make you start to bald. its called alopecia i believe

Sara Gray
@sara-gray
11 years ago
27 posts

thanks..one more thing...if they are flat now..(not all of them) are they pretty much set in stone and going to be flat for ever?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,639 posts

ofcourse not

they arent rock hard right?

take a ball of playdo and dont roll it just lay a heavy object on it

then once its flat turn it 45 degrees and lay a heavy object on it

now its squarish

now turn it 45 degrees and again and again till its more octigonal then do so again and again from many angles and its riundish

your heads a heavy object

they round in yoir sleep

1 or 2 may retain a flat spot or even a flatish dread but most will get rounder

the flat 1 will be yoir fave cause its not round

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form