Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Hullo, dread-heads!

Mads
@mads
11 years ago
3 posts
Hi, I'm Mads, I'm turning 20, and I've had my little baby dreadlocks for four months now.I have wanted to have dreads since I was 3 years old, when Trisha from Playschool had them (Aussie kids of 90's vintage will know what I'm talking about)It's definitely been an interesting experience. I've learned to be patient and not worry about the little things so much. There are days when I just despair that they'll ever amount to anything, but I have faith that one day I'll have a full head of completely unique dreadies that are beautiful in their own way.All in all, I'm enjoying the journey to the full. Having dreadlocks allows me to be lazier with hair than I ever have been (yes!) In a way, it's a physical manifestation of my personality ;)Peace, brethren!
updated by @mads: 01/13/15 09:47:33PM
the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

Wow, I can't believe you wanted them since 3 years old, that is so cool. I bet they already feel like a huge part of you. I am happy for you to finally get your little girl wish. Peace

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

i always wonder how ppl can wait 10 20 even 40 years for something they want so badly and they dont feel like themselves till they do

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Niesje Sigrid
@niesje-sigrid
11 years ago
56 posts

I did cuz my mom threatened to shave my head if I didn't brush my hair lol. Now I'm grown and didn't cuz I thought I couldn't get a job, but my work puts up with the piercings tattoos and crazy headscarf styles, so what's one more thing? lol. I'm lucky to have a job where I'm valued for my work ethic and not my appearance. It helps that I work nights and patients' families don't see me much lmfao

soaring eagle said:

i always wonder how ppl can wait 10 20 even 40 years for something they want so badly and they dont feel like themselves till they do

Mads
@mads
11 years ago
3 posts
Since I got dreads, everyone I know has gone from spouting all the standard myths about dreads, to wanting to touch my new hair, and finally coming round to "oh, I could totally get dreads, it would be *easy*!"My only regret is not having the guts to do it earlier
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form