Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

sea salt?

Nimbostratus
@nimbostratus
11 years ago
30 posts
hello :) i recently started dreading with the twist and rip method and i know that they unravel and kinda do their own thing but i was wondering how to help the locking process with sea salt? do ypu just disolve it in warm water and let them soak? if anyone has tried this please let me know what measurements you used as i know sea salt can be drying. also what do you guys use when your dreads get dry? just apple cider vinegar? thanks :)
updated by @nimbostratus: 01/13/15 09:47:24PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,639 posts

sea salt can over dry so u spray or soak but rinse after 10 min to 2 hours

3 1/2 % of the water volume

now the goodfolks at www.dreadlockshampoo.com just ccame out with an amazing himalean pink sea salt accelerator that also has healthy proteins and vitamins and essential oils so it seems to be less risky to leave on longer and omg it works way better then plain sea salt

1member usdd sea salt for months with very slow progres then used the pink sea salt and in 1 day it got way more knotyty

if u overdry u can use aloe jojoba etc vinager..well to a degree might help

aloe or jojoba wik help more but gotta be careful cause u may lose progres so u want to dry but not over dry

u dont want to have to use aloe or anything if u can avoid it for nearly a year

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Nimbostratus
@nimbostratus
11 years ago
30 posts
Ok thank you! I'm never sure which products are going to leave residue so I've been trying to stay away from products all together and just use the baking soda and vinegar with essential oils. Thanks for your help. I'll likely be on with more questions as i go along
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,639 posts

stuff from thast sites very safe and amazing i literalytried to make residue i used over 1/2 a bar o=in 1 wash..thats like months worth rubbed and rubbed it on a dread till the outsidewas caked in soap rinsed for seconds and it all rinsed awy super easy

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Heather
@heather
11 years ago
1,291 posts

super simple to make yourself. just add about a tsp of sea salt to a spray bottle full of water. i got my spray bottle from the dollar store. i used bottled water so i can avoid the crap in our hard water. my mix is way less in salinity than ocean water so i don't have an issue with leaving it on for a day or two. just avoid your scalp.

acv won't really "condition" your hair. it just brings the ph level back down from the bs. dreads should feel a bit dry but not to the point of brittle. i've found using a ph balanced shampoo works well for me with a sea salt spray every so often. bs/acv makes my scalp angry:(

Heather
@heather
11 years ago
1,291 posts

they still don't work for me.

soaring eagle said:

stuff from thast sites very safe and amazing i literalytried to make residue i used over 1/2 a bar o=in 1 wash..thats like months worth rubbed and rubbed it on a dread till the outsidewas caked in soap rinsed for seconds and it all rinsed awy super easy

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form