dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Hello and a Question from a New Guy

James12
@james12
11 years ago
9 posts

Hey Everyone!

I'm James and I am just starting out with my first set of natural/neglect dreads, stopped brushing Feb. 10, my 28th Bday. I fell for the horrible dreadheadhq set up about 10 years ago and am really looking forward to having dreads instead of candles growing from my head.

I do have a question, any feedback would be awesome. Does wearing a tam this early slow the process? Or does the hair still dread even in a tam? My hair has a natural tendency to grow forward and always ends up in my face. Being that it is only about 5-6 inches long right now it seems impossible to keep out of my face. If I am not wearing something to hold my hair back I am always pushing it out of my face and tend to run my fingers through the front unintentionally.

Happy to have found this site and look forward to any advise you may have.

-James

updated by @james12: 01/13/15 09:47:14PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

well if you wear a tam alot u should give em equal time to be free to move

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
James12
@james12
11 years ago
9 posts

OK, thanks for the info.

I will make sure to add my review.

James12
@james12
11 years ago
9 posts

Thanks Amanda.

Amanda said:

I think with your hair length, it would be safe to wear a tam during the day. When I started, my hair was similar in length as yours and since tams are so loose, my hair had plenty of room to move around in it. But whenever you can, let your hair be free. :)

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form