Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

3 week back combed. any tips/suggestions?

ratcakie
@ratcakie
15 years ago
60 posts
I back combed in some knots about 3 wks ago.I am not using wax etc... just washing with good shampoo a few times a week. i have a couple at the back that are starting loosen up(which as far as ive read is pretty normal), a fair few loopy ones, and a couple that are sort of s-shaped, a fair few loose hairs as well.im not too worried as ive read that these things are pretty normal, but as im finding it pretty hard to find other pics of dreads at this stage, i wouldnt mind sum opinions/advice etc... any would be much appreciated...cheers the first pic is 2 days after back combing..... the other two are at 3 weeks b4 and after a bit of maintanance....
updated by @ratcakie: 01/13/15 08:30:03PM
Hayley Turner
@hayley-turner
15 years ago
49 posts
They look great, just give it some more time and love the abnormalities!
ratcakie
@ratcakie
15 years ago
60 posts
thanx, yours look awesome, did yours look all crazy like these this early or...? im sort of expecting 12+mths till they do anything so not really expecting them at all to look like "dreads". more just wondering if they been done right, and are doin what they should... happy travels both physically and...
Iain
@iain
15 years ago
844 posts
the back looks really good with the long tips, as the bumpy S shaped things go, you'll probably get more of them, but its crazy to see them smooth out in time,I'd show you pics of mine, but they were just covered in wax anyway, loloverall looks good to me,keep posting progress :)
Hayley Turner
@hayley-turner
15 years ago
49 posts
Yeah in the early stages mine were similar only my hair is very curly, I don't have any photos but they were basically lengths of fluffy hair that didn't seem to understand what was going on. I still liked them though! Most of the loops and lumps formed in mine as they were tightening in the later stages, I still have a lot of zig-zag locks and lumps and bumps everywhere, which I love because I just dyed my hair like fire and it looks awesome with the crazy directions they go in.You might be surprised how soon they start seeming like real dreads, it suddenly happened at about 7 months for me. But trust me you will love them no matter what they do! ratcakie said:
thanx, yours look awesome, did yours look all crazy like these this early or...? im sort of expecting 12+mths till they do anything so not really expecting them at all to look like "dreads". more just wondering if they been done right, and are doin what they should... happy travels both physically and...
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
look good just be sure to seperate em semi often

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
anthony williams
@anthony-williams
15 years ago
101 posts
lookin good!