dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

ACV capsules?

Holly J
@holly-j
11 years ago
2 posts

Hi

Like so many others with dreads I have dandruff. I`ve seen that several people has recommended using Apple Cider Vinegar to solve this.

I was wondering if this also means that I can take ACV capsules?

Will it have the same effect?

Pretty desperate at this point.

updated by @holly-j: 01/13/15 09:46:46PM
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
11 years ago
2,702 posts

I've never seen ACV capsules, but from what I can imagine, they wouldn't work for your hair. It sounds like they would be for changing the pH in your stomach. ACV as a rinse is what changes the pH of your scalp. If you don't have a stomach problem, I would avoid messing with its pH balance at all costs

taye
@taye
11 years ago
833 posts

My father drinks a spoonful of vinegar in a glass of water every day. He always has and he is as healthy as a horse lol. (I love that expression) but it won't effect your scalp.

Holly J
@holly-j
11 years ago
2 posts

Ok, than I`ll stay away from acv. Do you have any other suggestions?

I feel like I`m about to scratch myself to death

melanie rose
@melanie-rose
11 years ago
177 posts
I spray a mixture of tea tree, peppermint, jojoba oil and water on my scalp and it really helps with the itchies and flakes. About ten drops of each. Good luck, dread on! It'll get better
the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

Baba Fats is right, but I wonder something. When people take garlic pills etc, the garlic aroma sometimes comes out when they sweat. Apple Cider Vinegar has a strong aroma of its own, would a person sweat out the smell if they took these! Just something that made me go hmmm.

Tom2
@tom2
11 years ago
1 posts

Nope! I drink Bragg's Raw ACV (the stuff with the 'mother' in it) every single day, and it has a lot of great health benefits and gives me a lot of energy! however, eating it won't have any effect on your hair, and if I sweat I don't smell any of it. The ACV treatment for you hair is when you actually wash with it? I believe that acts almost like a conditioner if i remember correctly when you use it with the baking soda, it pretty much makes your head feel like a 4th grader's volcano science project (10x more fun than regular shampoo in my opinion :P) and to be honest it makes my hair feel even cleaner and softer than normal shampoo ever did before i started dreading.

The oil and water mixture melanie rose was talking about also works wonders for the itchies!! good luck ^_^

Tim5
@tim5
11 years ago
359 posts

Peppermint and rosemary and jojoba for healthy scalp. Peppermint with sooth the itchies quickly.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form