dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Dreadshampoo alternatives!

Fimbul
@fimbul
11 years ago
31 posts

Hi everyone :)

I recently ordered shampoo and locking gel from the dreadshampoo website, but I was charged a fortune for customs (I am a UK citizen!) and ended up spending just over 40 for the 2! :( I am so annoyed, because I have heard so many good things about the shampoo and I really wanted to be able to use them regularly, but I just can't afford it! Obviously I will use the bottle and the gel up, but I was wondering if anybody in the UK has found an alternative product that is good for baby dreads and/or will help the locking process? Mine are about 2 months old.

I have found several places that sell shampoo soap bars, but I have heard they are better for mature dreads (?) I will be using baking soda regularly too, but I wondered if there was an alternative to the liquid shampoo from dreadshampoo that I could use every so often.

x

updated by @fimbul: 02/14/15 05:23:04AM
Fimbul
@fimbul
11 years ago
31 posts

I should mention that I can't use Dr Bronners, because the tocopherol is derived from soy and I am allergic! (how awesome is that?) x

Patience
@patience
11 years ago
51 posts

Bad luck getting caught by customs :(

I spotted unbranded liquid castile soap here and I just checked and it doesn't have that ingredient

http://www.summernaturals.co.uk/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=68&products_id=708

I haven't actually tried it yet though. I was going to order some when I was looking at their bicarb but I found bicarb cheaper on ebay! Could try ebay for UK stockists of other products too I suppose.

Fimbul
@fimbul
11 years ago
31 posts

Thank you very much Patience! :) I will check them out! x

Fimbul
@fimbul
11 years ago
31 posts

http://enaissance.co.uk/acatalog/info_2915.html

Would something like that be ok?

x

Patience
@patience
11 years ago
51 posts

I don't know anything about fancy shampoos but they sound as if they'd smell nice lol

Hope someone who can comment on the ingredients will be along soon :)

Fimbul
@fimbul
11 years ago
31 posts

Thank you Patience :)

Finally received my dreadshampoo order, but customs had obviously messed around with it, because the cap for the bottle of shampoo was crushed, literally! And all the wrappings were disloged. It had leaked all over the bag! :( so upset and angry at customs. Not only did they charge me, but I lost lots of the product too! So sad because it seems really nice and smells gorgeous.

Reppyboyo
@reppyboyo
11 years ago
26 posts

Hey,

Im also in the UK and have tried a few alternatives but in all honesty nothing has come close to the dreadshampoo bars.

Lush bars (seanik and Squeaky green) are ok. Clean well but always leave my hair feeling 'foamy'.
Abeni bars are again ok but I didnt find they cleaned as well.
Personally found the BS + ACV wash did nowt for me.

I would suggest you use the dreadshampoo bars, they last a LONG time.
My last one kept me going for about 7 months.

Heather
@heather
11 years ago
1,291 posts

this one looks good. the cleansing ingredients are gentle and theessentialoils are great for the scalp. the other one might be good too but i personally hate castile soaps because they leave soap scum.

Fimbul said:

http://enaissance.co.uk/acatalog/info_2915.html

Would something like that be ok?

x

/ 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form