Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Just one dread

Dylan Conaway
@dylan-conaway
11 years ago
7 posts
So, I've been wanting to dread my hair for a few years but haven't because my hair is so fine and straight. I feel if I did my scalp would show a lot. So basically what I'm wondering is if a single dread on the front of my head would look alright. I don't want it to be centered but off to the left or right. Since my hairs so thin it would be a skinny dread. I've seen where some women dread the bottom layer in the back but I don't feel I could pull that off. Anything anyone can tell me will be helpful, from best way to start it, to maintaining and beading. Thanks for reading. Much love, Dylan.
updated by @dylan-conaway: 02/14/15 10:57:27AM
Kelly3
@kelly3
11 years ago
333 posts

Your hair will dread fine if you want to let it. Scalp wont really show on natural dreads. As for the single dread, I don't know how good it would look. You can always TnR one and see.

melanie rose
@melanie-rose
11 years ago
177 posts
You will more than likely fall in love and let em all knot up :D I'd never be able to have just one dreadbaby.
Dylan Conaway
@dylan-conaway
11 years ago
7 posts
Thanks for the tips. How would I go about beading?
melanie rose
@melanie-rose
11 years ago
177 posts
I just lick the end of my hair and slide the bead up the dread to a snug but not overly tight spot. Move beads around weekly.
the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

Good tip for putting on beads: Put two ends of dental floss through the hole of bead, making a loop, put the hair in the loop and pull through bead. Voila'

melanie rose said:

I just lick the end of my hair and slide the bead up the dread to a snug but not overly tight spot. Move beads around weekly.
melanie rose
@melanie-rose
11 years ago
177 posts
Ooh, nifty :) but i'm pretty lazy, my licking method works for me hahah
Dylan Conaway
@dylan-conaway
11 years ago
7 posts
Loving the advice. I just wish I could make my hair grow super fast though. I miss my long hair.
melanie rose
@melanie-rose
11 years ago
177 posts
Patience brother. Its growing every minute of every day!
Dylan Conaway
@dylan-conaway
11 years ago
7 posts
Wise words from a wise women.
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form