dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

moroccan argan oil?

Alphawolfe
@alphawolfe
11 years ago
10 posts

Hello There,

I was wondering if any of you guy's have used Moroccan Argan oil on your dreads,

& how did that turn out?

Ive got a little dandruff problem,& we have some lying around,so please give me some feedback.

Thankyou c:

updated by @alphawolfe: 12/22/16 04:21:26PM
the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

Hi, added comment on your page, but I think I deleted it. So I'll try again. I have never used that oil, but would not recommend using any directly on the scalp. Being only 1 month in, it would slip out any knots trying to form. I notice you are using the baking soda ACV wash, good for you. Are your measurements correct: 1/2 cup baking soda to 5 cups water: this must be rinsed out extremely well (after leaving on for 20 minutes) before you use the ACV: 1 capful to 5 cups water (leave on for 1 minute), rinse well also

For a couple of washes to help get rid of the dandruff make the baking soda bit stronger add rosemary oil maybe peppermint too. Rosemary oil is great for helping solve dandruff issues and keeping it away.

Another good tip is to rinse the scalp with as cold water as you can take at the very end of your shower, this also helps to keep dandruff away. Good luck, and hey, what does the Morocccan Argan oil smell like?

Alphawolfe
@alphawolfe
11 years ago
10 posts

Thank you so much c:

& The oil,actually,as far as i can smell doesn't have much of a scent,maybe a very faint one.

& would it be better to use Teatree oil or Rosemary Oil?

the Barrellady said:

Hi, added comment on your page, but I think I deleted it. So I'll try again. I have never used that oil, but would not recommend using any directly on the scalp. Being only 1 month in, it would slip out any knots trying to form. I notice you are using the baking soda ACV wash, good for you. Are your measurements correct: 1/2 cup baking soda to 5 cups water: this must be rinsed out extremely well (after leaving on for 20 minutes) before you use the ACV: 1 capful to 5 cups water (leave on for 1 minute), rinse well also

For a couple of washes to help get rid of the dandruff make the baking soda bit stronger add rosemary oil maybe peppermint too. Rosemary oil is great for helping solve dandruff issues and keeping it away.

Another good tip is to rinse the scalp with as cold water as you can take at the very end of your shower, this also helps to keep dandruff away. Good luck, and hey, what does the Morocccan smell like?

justin worm
@justin-worm
11 years ago
7 posts

argan oil work wonders on my long straight hair!
prob not what your looking for with your dreads! =]

Laura Earle
@laura-earle
11 years ago
233 posts

Basically, what they've said -- argan oil is the cat's pajamas if you want soft, shiny hair (I use it on my bangs, which I still comb/style). But um...if you're dreading, it might undo whatever progress you've made. I've heard that straight-up aloe works really well for combating dry scalp issues, though!

justin worm
@justin-worm
11 years ago
7 posts

yea that sounds right on!

and aloe would just be fun! hahah i would try it!

DreadfulAmenita
@taby
11 years ago
80 posts

I used coconut oil on my scalp for dandruff at about a month in... bad idea. My roots all loosened up and had to backtrack a bit. I had bad dandruff at first, but the cold rinses helped, and my magic ingredient has been rosemary oil. I put a few drops in water in a small spray bottle, and if I notice dandruff or itching, I spray that directly on my scalp. It works like a charm every time.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form