Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

About a foot of loose ends

Kathleen2
@kathleen2
11 years ago
14 posts

I know its normal to have loose ends but all of mine are about a foot loose, my first set I only had a few inches loose. I have been going swimming a lot in the past few days and thats when i noticed how undone they were. Should I re twist n' rip them because I feel like my entire dread is coming undone?

updated by @kathleen2: 01/13/15 09:46:36PM
Kelly3
@kelly3
11 years ago
333 posts

Just leave them be. They will lock back up eventually. It is not uncommon for some dreads to come completely undone. If this happens, still just leave it. It will re dread in a proper position.

Rose
@rose
11 years ago
102 posts

The way my hair dreads up, naturally, is like an inch (sometimes less) dreaded and the whole other like 8 inches of my hair loose. It's been SLOWLY dreading further down on some.

I guess there are just a lot of different factors that determines the way our hair dreads, and what it does during the process. It is common for dreads to completely fall out for various reasons. I've never heard of it beingrecommendedto re-do any starter method, so I guess you just gotta give 'em time. Why don't you do like a sea salt spray or something to encourage some knotting, though?

Kathleen2
@kathleen2
11 years ago
14 posts

I do a sea salt spray once a week but I guess I'll just leave em to do their thing haha

GoldenEagle
@goldeneagle
11 years ago
393 posts

They seem loose, but they really are forming into dreadlocks. I have sections that are like that also.

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
11 years ago
2,702 posts

sometimes locks tend to start knotting towards the tip and move their way up to the roots, instead of starting at the roots at working their way to the tips. If you leave them be and try not to stick your fingers or hand through the loose hairs, they should start to knot up soon. The more you mess with the loose hair, the longer it will take to close that gap

the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

How long have you had your dreads for?

the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

If your dreads are on the early stages of their journey, then it is the twist & rip doing it's thing. They loosen, sometimes fall out, and then start the magic of dreading.

OliviaJonas Aley
@oliviajonas-aley
11 years ago
30 posts

Every time I bum out about my 3 month old loose ends ( some are 10 inches long), I have to stop myself. I think about the fact that now is the time to enjoy those loose ends, for that interesting soft texture they add...for the individuality they offer for a short time in the dreadies' world. They won;t be that way for long, so might as well find the beauty in them while you can!

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

olivia said it best ..enjoy it now while it lasts

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form