Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

The BEST things come to those who...

LocksOfOphidian
@locksofophidian
11 years ago
9 posts

Hello everyone, this is my first post since joining mainly because I have been on the site soaking up knowledge. I have been researching online for some time now (like many of the rest of you) and of course happened upon "those" websites rather quickly. These sites can be very convincing and I must admit that I was all set to embark on their version of the journey. Something wasn`t right though, for some reason I felt compelled to continue to research and found this site. I was shocked, to say the least, that I almost got sucked into the same mistakes that others had by backcombing and waxing. So very thankful that I was fortunate enough to learn from others.

Shortly after registering on the site, SE messaged me and directed me to some real knowledge on dreadlocks. Even at the beginning, SE urged me to go natural. I considered it but I am very impatient and was considering the TNR method. After much reflection I decided that this was exactly why I was taking this journey to begin with. My lack of patience has affected things in my life and now is the time to become strong from within. Dreadlocks and the process will give me daily reminders that patience is a virtue and with it all things are possible. I cannot really explain exactly how I feel but I know deep within me that something has happened for the better. With all that being said, I have started my natural journey this past Sat, 02-09-13, and I am 4 days in. All of the information on this site has been more than helpful. I have attached some pics of myself on day 4. If my hair looks weird its because I have an undershave and only have hair on the crown of my head. I look forward to learning and growing now and in the future. I am thrilled to be a part of this community.

Much love to all.

updated by @locksofophidian: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

4 days and already sectioning nicely :)

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Patience
@patience
11 years ago
51 posts

Great start with lovely sectioning coming already. Are you intending to keep the undershave or to let that grow out and dread when it's long enough?

LocksOfOphidian
@locksofophidian
11 years ago
9 posts

I am still undecided, that hair is very awkward when it starts to grow, it almost stands on end for what seems forever. I am also concerned that it may interfere with the progress of the top if I start growing it now, that may be incorrect but I am unsure.

LocksOfOphidian
@locksofophidian
11 years ago
9 posts

Not sure how to do the timeline thing yet but here are my 1 month update photos. They are actually a little over a month.

updated by @locksofophidian: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
Ojas Acharya
@ojas-acharya
11 years ago
172 posts

thats great progress for just 1 month! and yea dude all 'those' sites seem to be so deceivingly convincing... its great u kept researching more and yes this site rules! great info available here for any one who wants to dread their hair... and even for those who dont want to have dreadlocks but just know what dreadlocks actually are and how they form and how healthy they are this site is the place to be.. :]

Larra Juab
@larra-juab
11 years ago
76 posts

Welcome to the community, and wooooow your hair is progressing real fast! That's soo awesome! I wish you a good journey, and I hope you will go on until the end. Happy Dreading and Take care! :D

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form