Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

So sick of people bashing the natural method. I have begun to voice my opinion.

Bob Ngarly
@bob-ngarly
11 years ago
161 posts

In response to a article posted hating on natural dreads i began to realize this site has really changed the way i feel about natural locks!

:I think it is plain wrong of you to claim that freeform dreads are "dreadful" and "cannot produce good looking locks" that is just plain untrue. It is also untrue that they are that much slower to mature than other starter methods. There are many people who have beautiful freeform dreads with straight hair. white people, asians, blacks, and everyone else. Anyone can freeform dreads. That turned me off about your website. Go to youtube and look at some freeform dreads i bet some of them look better than your overly manicured fashion statement of what dreads are "supposed" to be. It makes you sound just like Dreadheadhq downplaying and outright ridiculing the beauty of natural dreads (probably for profit). People like you are the reason so many people have to cut their locks out for reasons like crocheting, felting, interlocking and waxing. Because so few dread sites are actually willing to sacrifice the profit they could make by selling unnecessary and destructive tools.

Dreads are made in time. They are a process.
they are not made. They are grown.

failing to realize that will likely cause people to do destructive things to their hair and fail to realize they are even causing damage until they lose their locs entirely!!!!
their is beauty in the lessons learned while going through the process of growing locs.

Im not saying freeform/organic/neglect is for everyone but dont bash a dread method simply because you are ignorant.

(not anonymous)
-SPENCER.

updated by @bob-ngarly: 02/14/15 09:56:53AM
the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

Very dignified and well said. Your future will hold long & healthy dreads that sway with the summer breeze.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

what site is it yoir talking about that had these ignorant comments (you can tell us without a link if you preffeer)

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Patience
@patience
11 years ago
51 posts

Nicely said. Thanks for sharing :)

Bob Ngarly
@bob-ngarly
11 years ago
161 posts

well it was the dreadlock queens old site called crunchy life or something like that. It really didnt have too much terrible information but the freeform thing really got me heated. lol thats how i know you been rubbin off on my SE. BTW im officially done with the bands i have decided to go completely natural no more nothing only separating. I know it took me some convincing on your part but thanks for looking out!

-Spencer

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

hmm most of her info is better then most

but i dont remember reasding that about natural

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Bob Ngarly
@bob-ngarly
11 years ago
161 posts

Yes i agree her info is better than most. Her new site especially has a wealth of information on dreads especially things like washing, and sectioning. however she does mention things like crocheting and what not. ALthough what i do like about her is that she advises the use of proper technique and cautions against the dangers of over using that method. Her statement on the neglect is on there clear as day. I can post the link if you want.

Doogie
@doogie
11 years ago
321 posts
I seen this dude at Walmart the other day that had a long curly affro and I told him he's gonna have awesome dreads since it was already sectioning. He said he's been wanting dreads for a long time and said he just hasn't found the right person to put them in. Told him to go natural and save his money! He then said I wanna be able to wash my hair ya crazy whitey and your kind shouldn't have dreads! Kinda ticked me off a bit and I was about to reply you half breeds know nothing but I kept my mouth shut! I try not to be racist but man I was about to blow up but I said whatever and walked away!
Bob Ngarly
@bob-ngarly
11 years ago
161 posts

If only you could just get people to listen to the point your trying to make. I know how you feel man. blame it on the large amount of bad information out there. People ask me every day if i can wash my hair, how i do it, and what i do to keep them up and stuff? when i tell them they still dont believe me. lol.

because of media NO ONE KNOWS THAT DREADS ARE GROWN AND NOT MADE!!!!
it took me years of researching locs to realize that too man. take it with a grain of salt and try not to over generalize though based on race. That just shows that you are dipping down as low as he did.
racism is racism regardless and dreadies dont wanna spread that kinda love.

Doogie
@doogie
11 years ago
321 posts
Yeah I know man! I get along with all walks of life and this was the only time someone said what I found racist to me and the dudes gf was caucasian. I mean if a caucasian said something offensive to an African American its racist but if turned around its not? I never did understand that. I just don't want you to take this response the wrong way or anything and if you find it offensive I apologize because that's not my intent!
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form