Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

South Jersey

Roberto Jimenez
@roberto-jimenez
11 years ago
10 posts

Any dreads in south jersey that want to meet up and give me advice on how to get dreads and where to go to....thanks

updated by @roberto-jimenez: 02/14/15 09:19:41AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

stop combing

go nowhere

its that simple

if you mean a salon we;l you got the whiole wrong ifdea they will screw u badly

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Roberto Jimenez
@roberto-jimenez
11 years ago
10 posts

no i heard bad things about salons...just needed guidance by more experience people.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

how longs your hair what hairtype

--
melanie rose
@melanie-rose
11 years ago
177 posts
I suggest letting them form naturally. All you really need to do is wash with dread soap (I use Dr bronners) and seperate when the dreads start forming into eachother. You could start by using twist and rip, that will help section your hairHoweever TnR usually unravels during the first few washes :) write on my page if you have questions!!
Roberto Jimenez
@roberto-jimenez
11 years ago
10 posts

my hair type is curly, frizzy, and thick but my hair hair right now is about 3-4 inches long.

Roberto Jimenez
@roberto-jimenez
11 years ago
10 posts

thanks melanie =)...

melanie rose said:

I suggest letting them form naturally. All you really need to do is wash with dread soap (I use Dr bronners) and seperate when the dreads start forming into eachother. You could start by using twist and rip, that will help section your hair
Howeever TnR usually unravels during the first few washes :) write on my page if you have questions!!
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

well u can start goin natural at bald it might not drfead till 6 inches but then some dread shi]orter yoir hair might be extra easy to dread

u can tmr at 4 technicaly but it almost certainly wont stay in 5 is alot more likely to staty in so really not far off from the 6 that will dread on its own

--
the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

If you choose to go to a salon, be aware they will probably use wax and perhaps a hook to crochet.

Wax WlLL hold in smells, cause staining on pillow cases and cloths (shoulders), and hold in pockets of water, causing mold to set in.

Crochet method by salons breaks hundreds of hairs pulling the hook through the hair several times. In the long run it will amount to dreads breaking off due to all the broken hairs. Like the weakest link in a chain.

Whatever way you do go, look up all the pros and cons. The pros to natural or twist & rip is that they are free, clean, won't stain clothes and will last a life time if wanted. The only con is that they take time.

Dreads in the first few months should be washed every 2-3 days, if a salon tells you not to wash for weeks(and ask before they start), just remember that unwashed dreads are nasty and stinky.

Roberto Jimenez
@roberto-jimenez
11 years ago
10 posts
How much time are we talking about for natural
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form