dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Not enough dreads?

Alphawolfe
@alphawolfe
11 years ago
10 posts

Hi,Newbie here c:

I feel as if i didn't create enough dread's when i first started,about 3 weeks ago,& ive got about 25-27,

Most of them are about as thick as a pencil,

other's on the top of my head are small & thin.

Do you think i made too less?

& if i left them,how would they turn out ?

ThankYou .

updated by @alphawolfe: 01/13/15 09:46:14PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

25-27 will be thick if yiu want fat dreads its a decent number but

the pencil size 1 will become quarter size how thick or big is the area of the rioots comming from the scalp into each dread..or biggest sction anyway

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

well

u used wax so ypur rally better off starting over to get that nasty wax out anyway

u shouldnt palm roll..at all and dreadhead shampoo is very toxic and shouldnt be used

if u didnt melt the wax in and they are so skinny and thin you might..and i stress might..be able to get the wax out without starting over or using wax b gone

they wont dread as long as wax is in them

that wax has to be top priority to remove it and then worry biut size

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

thin hair does not make thin dreads or less dreads thry look thinnjer early on but fatten up just tge same

the issie tho is ppl with thin hair try to nake thinck dreads on day 1 by gathering huge sections to make thick dreads they take 3 inch sections to make 1/2 inch dreads that then fatten up into monsters

--
Marcellus Wallace
@marcellus-wallace
11 years ago
46 posts

I have 26 dreads and that number is perfect for me. I used to have more but I let some congo, so you have to separate if you don't want to end up with less. I am finding baby dreads now so perhaps I have 10 more dreads than 26 but when looking at the big picture, they're not noticeable. SE is right though, get rid of that wax. I used wax on my first set, a very regrettable decision in retrospect.

Daydreamer
@daydreamer
11 years ago
47 posts

I def wouldn't worry about the number they'll thicken up and look fine. I know a guy who has 16!!

melanie rose
@melanie-rose
11 years ago
177 posts
I've only got about 25. I have super thick curls so they're gonna be huge once mature. Can't wait :) I think ytour fine with the number you have.
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form