Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

16 month old dreads rotten eggs!

CeJay Rocha
@cejay-rocha
11 years ago
9 posts
Hey everyone.I have had my dreads for 16 months. Just recently the began to smell of rotten eggs. Like legit rotten eggs. Not exaggerating. I did lavender ,white vinegar and baking soda with water. Smells fine til the dreads completely dry then you can smell the eggs again. I don't mean when u sniff the dreads I mean that smell pours off of my head as if I dipped my head in a bucket of month old rotten eggs. I have tried multiple shampoos. I did a quick peroxide dip. I did straight lavender. I can't make it go away. It's mostly at the tips of my dreads they began to blunt at the ends. That's where the smell is super strong. Please some one help me. This smell is making me nauseous.
updated by @cejay-rocha: 02/14/15 08:55:23AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

rotten eggs and sulfur smell alot simular could yoir water be high in sulfur some areas the water stinks

had wax ever been used even once

well

if its a mold issue soak in white vinager and lavender

any chance u cane in contact with something that left the scent there

i know normaly u scrub just the roots but try a soak or scrub of the tips using dreadlockshampoo

i forget where i was maybe ..of cape hatteras . the show er water stunk ..like ri[otting fish rotten eggs sulfer etc its just the mineral content in the wter

ever go to yellowstone and the geysers many stink of thye same sulfur stench

a water filter might be best option if thats the case

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
CeJay Rocha
@cejay-rocha
11 years ago
9 posts
No my waters normal. I did the dip with lavender and white vinager. It's fine until it drys. It's just on the dreads that have blunt ends
JB Kucken
@jb-kucken
11 years ago
2 posts

My guess is you just need to do a white vinegar and lavender soak, then take a long shower and really focus on the dread, rather than the roots. Get a blow dryer and DO NOT STOP drying until they are completely dry. You can tell if you rub it together between your fingers and still can feel the water.

You are probably getting mold, and it would make sense because its at the tips, where the water pools and sits, and eventually molds. Especially on the blunted tips where the water cant escape and drip. Really hit the ends with the dryer.

Hope that works, cheers.

CeJay Rocha
@cejay-rocha
11 years ago
9 posts
Ok so do a lavender white vinager at the tips? Like soak the tip in the water
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

are u aposed to combing out an inch or so of the tips on the bluntd ones this will let u see whats inside and will let the water escape

oh

how are u drying

tip

u live in florids so after u wash do not wrap in a towel or tie em up just go sit in the sun move em around alot to let the sun..and air get at the ones underneth the rest

feel for damo[per ones ande move em to be more exposed

sun drying will help killwhatevers in there

but picking the ends of them loose might really be the key

--
JB Kucken
@jb-kucken
11 years ago
2 posts

How do you dry it?

CeJay Rocha said:

No my waters normal. I did the dip with lavender and white vinager. It's fine until it drys. It's just on the dreads that have blunt ends
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

shes in florida the sun will help aa million times more then hours with a blow dryer the sun will kill spores as opit dries

JB Kucken said:

My guess is you just need to do a white vinegar and lavender soak, then take a long shower and really focus on the dread, rather than the roots. Get a blow dryer and DO NOT STOP drying until they are completely dry. You can tell if you rub it together between your fingers and still can feel the water.

You are probably getting mold, and it would make sense because its at the tips, where the water pools and sits, and eventually molds. Especially on the blunted tips where the water cant escape and drip. Really hit the ends with the dryer.

Hope that works, cheers.

--
CeJay Rocha
@cejay-rocha
11 years ago
9 posts
I usually blow dry. But I have no problem with combing the tips out. And sitting in the sun.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

try just the sun 1st just shake out what u can then go sit in the sun

if that doesnt do the trick then maybe comb out the tips

--
 / 3

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus