Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

When will my pretties grow again?

Taylor Sheriff
@taylor-sheriff
11 years ago
6 posts

Hello all, its been about 7 months since i started the neglect method. My dreads locked up fairly quickly, and more than a few of them have the bunted tips at the end. Since i lost about half the length of my hair, i was wondering when they will stop shrinking and i'll actually see them start to grow again? I know everyone is different, but even some general ideas would be much appreciated :)

updated by @taylor-sheriff: 01/13/15 09:46:02PM
the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

Hi Taylor. It sucks that we loose length for hair to dread. Know it needs to, but it still sucks. It takes about two years to notice growth. Our hair grows all through the journey, but because it is shrinking, we don't notice it. But by year two, most of us will have somewhat mature locks, so no more shrinking, just growth.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

typicaly betwween months 8 and 13 it stops shrinking and starts growing but its not like it swu[=itches directions suddenly the shrinking slows then it seems to neither shrink nor grow hthen starts to grow slowy then normaly

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

yea in year 2 u eally start to regain what was lost

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

Forgot to mention, the longer the hair, the more shrinkage there is, so the appearance of growth will take longer.

taye
@taye
11 years ago
833 posts

Mine shrank for almost 2 years. But all of a sudden I started noticing length. Now they are growing like crazy. I also take 10,000 mcg of Biotin everyday. which helps with growth. My daughter tried to take it, but it made her face break out a little bit.

KnotLady
@knotlady
11 years ago
300 posts

Whats biotin? i am looking for hair growth stuff a little bit...

taye said:

Mine shrank for almost 2 years. But all of a sudden I started noticing length. Now they are growing like crazy. I also take 10,000 mcg of Biotin everyday. which helps with growth. My daughter tried to take it, but it made her face break out a little bit.

taye
@taye
11 years ago
833 posts

Biotin is a B-vitamin. You can purchase it anywhere that sells vitamins. It supports energy cell production. Good for hair health and growth. It is also a nail strengthener.

GoldenEagle
@goldeneagle
11 years ago
393 posts

I am into, I think, my third year and I noticed my dreadlocks getting longer last December.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form