Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Took my dreads out, and hair is super thin, want my dreads back

Jecca
@jecca
11 years ago
5 posts

I made the decision to take my dreads out because I was really impatient on trying to combine my dreads. I tried for months and it just wasnt working. So now my hair is super thin and I dont know if my hair is even thick enough to do dreads. Should I wait a while or not? And an additional thing is my hair is all different sorts of lenghts now because before I had dreads i had a scene- type style and my hair is like that but (like I said) super thin and shorter than my hair was with dreads.

updated by @jecca: 01/13/15 09:45:49PM
taye
@taye
11 years ago
833 posts

My hair is thin and it dreaded just fine. How are you planning on starting them?

Jecca
@jecca
11 years ago
5 posts

taye said:

My hair is thin and it dreaded just fine. How are you planning on starting them?

Last time I did backcombing and i didn't like it so all i know is that Im not doing that method again. What method did you use?

taye
@taye
11 years ago
833 posts

I backcomed several. I did TnR on several. I had a couple of braids that i let dread. and the rest are neglect. So I have a mish mash of starting methods all over my head :)

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

why was combining them so imporetant that youd take them out just cause u ciuldnt combine them

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

go natural

Jecca said:

taye said:

Last time I did backcombing and i didn't like it so all i know is that Im not doing that method again. What method did you use?

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
James Colby Justice
@james-colby-justice
11 years ago
75 posts

I wouldnt do any method that was damaging at all. The last thing you want is your hair being yanked out thinner. Natural, all the way.

the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

Hi Jecca, Sorry, what do you mean by bring impatient on trying to combine your dreads? Were they too thin that your wanted to join two or more together? If this is the case, and it happens in the future again, try wrapping two together with embroidery thread, eventually they will join. I guess your hair thinned out by taking out the dreads? When starting again, just make sure on the width of the section where it begins at the scalp. They say no larger than a quarter coin in size for easy to manage dreads. Your thinned out hair will fill back in, so the quarter size section will get more hairs inside of it when they start to grow. No need to wait, start all over again now if it is what you want. Different lengths is okay, it will not be as noticeable as you think because the forming dread feeds up higher, shrinking as it goes. Good luck on your restart

Schnookieputz
@schnookieputz
11 years ago
3 posts

Hey if im reading this correctly, what your sating is that after your dreads came out your hair is much thinner then before yes? My friend had the same problem, if you wait like 3 months or so your hair will gain the thickness back. Id say give you hair a chance to grow back to max power before dreading it again, the process of combing it out can be pretty harsh on the scalp after all.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form