Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Confused about which way to rub

QuentinB
@quentinb
11 years ago
26 posts

Hello again, Hope everyone is doing well :) First I'll say im pretty sure my hair isn't long enough to attempt the rubbing method yet. Its not even an inch long. But, its long enough for me to brush my hand against it in the opposite direction it flows and have it ball up. Im wondering if this would be good enough for parting the hair and letting dreads develope. The reason? The rubbing method kind of confuses me lol. I tried rubbing on one side of the head clockwise and then counter clockwise and my hair actually went flat. Plus when i get to the other side of the head I have to switch hands, and thus I get confused there because im not sure what direction I should turn the hand. Since just rubbing against the grain actually causes my hair to ball up and part, is this the intended effect of rubbing and thus good enough? Or should I wait a while longer and try the cloth again? Thanks to you all in advance.

updated by @quentinb: 01/13/15 09:45:35PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

dont bother rubbing at all but the whole direction things a flawed theory

u see hair spirals arou8nd the crown most 1 direction but 1/4 the other and at any point except dead center on the vrown there is no with or againsat the grain since at any ooint u rub 51% to 49% is either with or against the grain since its a cuere not a soiral

but u really shouldnt bother rubbing your pillow wil rub for u

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
QuentinB
@quentinb
11 years ago
26 posts

Ok cool, :) so I just let it grow, keep it washed with theprescribedmethods, and the hair will find its way. Sounds a lot like theBuddhistphilosophy of non intention. :) Thanks Soaring Eagle.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form