Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

What is "Lock Peppa"?

Linda Bentley
@linda-bentley
11 years ago
1 posts
I'm attempting my second journey with locks, (this time I used T&R instead of Backcomb.)I read lock Peppa was good for helping them form. True or false?Also, I purchased a rinse free shampoo, is that bad?This is week two, and the tips and root of my dreads wont stay together. It's basically going strait. One was so bad I had to brush it out and redo it. I thought the lock Peppa might help. Idk.
updated by @linda-bentley: 01/13/15 09:45:31PM
Lapis Angela Lazuli
@lapis-angela-lazuli
11 years ago
76 posts
it is normal for TnR dreads to undo. You just gotta let them be, and let them do their own thing.And also, is rinse free shampoo, like dry shampoo? I'm thinking that'll get stuck in your dreads. Why don't you check out dreadlocksshampoo? Their shampoo is great for helping your hair get knotty, and won't leave residue.Good luck :)
Ixchel
@ixchel
11 years ago
597 posts

starter methods fall out, some more than others. leave them alone & they will reknot, all the starter method does is set up the sections. the knotting has to come on it's own.

I'd skip the lock peppa. Lock peppa how it works Lock peppa dangerous dreadlock ingredients

Basically it's making your hair gritty & dirty with stuff that I wouldn't want to be putting on my head. You can use sea salt & it will be safer, easier, less expensive. (swim in the ocean, add it to the baking soda wash, or spray some on a bit before washing) just be sure to only put it on your dreads not your scalp & rinse within a couple hours to avoid overdrying & itching.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

lock peppa is dirt its sand clay tree sap its actualy sold as a cat ear hair remover

stay away from dreadheadhq

rinceless shampoo is the oposite of what you want

you want ashampoo that rinses out completely easily

you do not have to start themover they should be loose at the tips and roots they were perfect as they wewre

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form