dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Seeking advice on wool rubbing

QuentinB
@quentinb
11 years ago
26 posts

Hello everyone :)

I currently have short hair, very short. Its more coarse than fair when it gets longer. So, I'd like to try the wool rubbing method to start my dreadlocks. There are just some questions I'd like some help with if you can.

Since my hair is so short, while using the wool rub method, should I wash my hair in a certain manner, meaning how I touch it when washing. I bought a bar of dreadlock soap from this site :) so I'll be trying that. After washing won't the sectioning be lost?

For using the wool, do I have to prepare the wool in any manner before rubbing the hair?

I think thats all the questions I can come up with at the moment. Any other advice is of course welcome. And any advice given is greatly appreciated :)

updated by @quentinb: 01/13/15 09:45:14PM
Eddy St. King
@eddy-st-king
11 years ago
50 posts

If it's short why don't you just wait until it's longer? You said your hair gets coarse as it gets longer so you really don't need wool rubbing. If you want you can wrap the wool around your pillow as a case at night, that will help curls form faster as you toss & turn.

QuentinB
@quentinb
11 years ago
26 posts

Thanks, that sounds like a good idea :)

QuentinB
@quentinb
11 years ago
26 posts

I'd still like suggestions about washing and preparing the wool cloth. I saw someone on youtube use a microfiber cloth. :)

Eddy St. King
@eddy-st-king
11 years ago
50 posts

I use a 100% wool sweater, I never "prepared" it for anything. A wool sweater is all you need. youtube exaggerates everything and i wouldn't seek that website for advice you can find everything you need here if you just search it.
QuentinB said:

I'd still like suggestions about washing and preparing the wool cloth. I saw someone on youtube use a microfiber cloth. :)

QuentinB
@quentinb
11 years ago
26 posts

Thanks again :)

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

too prep[are the cloth ..pick it up

thats about it

wash use the baking soda no touch method or the dreadlockshampoo but only scrub the scalp

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
QuentinB
@quentinb
11 years ago
26 posts

Much appreciated soaring eagle :)

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form