Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Dandruff? or BS?

MoorZ
@moorz
11 years ago
46 posts

I know this has most likely been covered but I hate searching and Ill ask anyway. Ok so I just washed my hair using BS/ACV. 1/3 cup BS to a gallon plus 6 drops of teatree and lavendar oil. Soaked for 15 mins. Rinsed good. Rinsed with to 3 capfulls of ACV to a gallon. Rinsed after. And I noticed a white flaky paste in my roots. Is this dandruff or BS? Im pretty sure I have hard water after inspecting my faucets and such have a white crust around them. But I def cannot afford a filter. Why scalp was a bit itchy the first time i washed so it may be dandruff idk. If it's the "hard" water affecting my wash could I use mabe drinking water? And my scalp still smells a bit like the oils idk if thats good or not...

updated by @moorz: 01/13/15 09:45:13PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

oils are fine try adjusting it to 1/2 a cup to 5 cups water the 1/3 cup to a gallon was a rough guess 1/2 cup to 5 cups is an exact measurement

if the ratios off your not going to fully exfoliate and just get a pasty dead skin paste

baking soda literaly cannot leave residue as soon as its in water it starts to turn to gasses..gasses float away into the air no baking soda can be left behind unless u make a paste with not enough water to fully react

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
MoorZ
@moorz
11 years ago
46 posts

Ok Ill try that next time I wash. I also noticed after this wash that my hair looks more normal than anything. as before it looked a little more like dreads. almost as if no change has happened

Crystalyn
@crystalyn
11 years ago
38 posts

yeah things will do and redo themselves a lot. i thougt for sure i had one baby trying and then like two days later it was gone... i read everywhere this is normal, and that thigns tighten and untighted retighten...just let it be itll get there

MoorZ
@moorz
11 years ago
46 posts

Heres a pic after todays wash using BS and oils.

I might not be rinsing good enough idk...

updated by @moorz: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
MoorZ
@moorz
11 years ago
46 posts

its hardly noticable when dry. but when its wet it horrendous. I managed to take a piece out I think its all skin cause it didnt really break up or anything.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form