Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Synthetic Dreads?!?!

DreadfullyJaded
@dreadfullyjaded
11 years ago
31 posts

I was curious what everyone thought about Synthetic Dread extensions temporary or permanent use.

I've always liked how they looked some people online would recommend them and the others won't. I would love to her experiences if any. opinions are welcome of course. Pros and cons. Anything:) thank you!

updated by @dreadfullyjaded: 01/13/15 09:45:12PM
melanie rose
@melanie-rose
11 years ago
177 posts
I feel they're useless, I mean, its fake hair. You would have no bond or connection whatsoever to these foreign objects hanging off your head.Plus, I can always spot a fake head of dreads a mile away. Aestheticly, there's no comparison.What your natural hair is capable of definitely takes the cake in all aspects :)
TieDyedSoul
@tiedyedsoul
11 years ago
70 posts

Having them permanent I wouldn't recommend or paying so much to get fake dreads in. I personally love how natural dreads are and how they change every day and drive you crazy sometimes. However I like the way colored synthetic dreads look like and I sometimes put them in for Halloween. This is what I do though. I buy the fake hair online and make the dreads myself. then I tie the dreads to a hair tie and make a bunch like that so it looks pretty much the same. That might help you if you wanted to try something different that you can take out that won't ruin your natural dreads.

DreadfullyJaded
@dreadfullyjaded
11 years ago
31 posts

thank you for you're replies

DreadfullyJaded
@dreadfullyjaded
11 years ago
31 posts

This is exactly what i had in mind just for a little extra colour and such

TieDyedSoul said:

Having them permanent I wouldn't recommend or paying so much to get fake dreads in. I personally love how natural dreads are and how they change every day and drive you crazy sometimes. However I like the way colored synthetic dreads look like and I sometimes put them in for Halloween. This is what I do though. I buy the fake hair online and make the dreads myself. then I tie the dreads to a hair tie and make a bunch like that so it looks pretty much the same. That might help you if you wanted to try something different that you can take out that won't ruin your natural dreads.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

well as it was stated thewy are ok for a haloween costume would t like em myself for ye same reason its something foreign and fake attached to yoiur head u might as well staple hoses to your head or something

most members that had real hair extentions cut em off xause they felt no connection (except 1 whos was his brothers dread lost to chemo attached to his dread so had a significance and connection)

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form