Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Question about my roots

Kayki
@kayki
11 years ago
4 posts

So I have a non-urgent question that I haven't been able to find an answer to online...

I've been growing my dreads for about a year. It's going well, besides the fact that my hair is quite fuzzy (it always has been, though - i have thick, curly, sometimes frizzy hair) and I have quite a bit of loose hairs around my scalp that annoy me.

I'm just wondering about my dread roots. I know how far they've grown - about 2-3 inches, I'd say - because I wrapped a couple dreads with some hemp string at the start of the whole process and I can see the total growth. They've been dreading naturally without me palm rolling them or hooking them or doing anything. The 2-3 inches of roots that have grown are pretty much completely dreaded and locking up.Is that normal? I haven't done anything to them and I'm just wondering why they keep dreading. I assumed at the start of this that the roots would grow out like regular hair, but they are dreading together consistently. Will this continue forever??!?!

Thanks!

updated by @kayki: 01/13/15 09:45:09PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

haha you never had to do anything to start them dreading why would u have to do anything to keep them dreading this is why all thye misinformations so harmfull

my dreads started at a few inches they now are a foot past my feet

if the roots never dreaded i wouldnt have dreads would i? (expecialy since i never did a thing to start the tips)

dreads happen naturaly if u just let them so ofcourse the roots dread by doing nothing

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Kayki
@kayki
11 years ago
4 posts

Heehee okay thank you for answering :) Silly me.

I'm happy...when I started I assumed they'd be a ton of work.

Yippee

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

yea thats what they want you to think so u spend alotta money paying them to do it for u

dreads are no work at all just leave em alone and they dread i hope u never used a crochet hook or wax!

--
Kayki
@kayki
11 years ago
4 posts

I never used wax but....oh my...I started them off with crochet hook. I know..terrible.

A friend did them for me and I didn't realize that crocheting was so bad.

I haven't crocheted them for likeat least 6months, and I've been letting them go natural since then...

what should I do now? If i leave them alone will they ever recover, or will i have to crochet forever?!?! argh?!

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

they will recover but go through a extra fuzsy recovery period due to all the broken hairs

u shoulda known by how stiff your freinds dreads were and how many fell off

--
Mons
@mons
11 years ago
518 posts
You've been in crochet recovery for the last 6 months, congrats!! That's why they're extra fuzzy.
the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

Dreads and the journey are fastening. Just keep em clean and do nothing else, they do all the work, for free I might add.

Kayki
@kayki
11 years ago
4 posts

Ok that's all very good to know..thank you all for replying!

I'm very happy to be in "crochet recovery"....i've beat the addiction...even though i hated it from the first day i started! They are a little fuzzy but honestly, I can tell they're improving every day...yay :)

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form