Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Tying dreads back

MoorZ
@moorz
11 years ago
46 posts

Hello. I'm not even a week into the process, got some baby locks but not dreaded to much. I work in a meat market and must tie my hair back and use a hair net. I was wondering is any of this bad? I make sure not to tie them back too tight and tuck the ponytail in my shirt. and the hairnet isnt realy tight but it doesnt even cover the top of my entire head. I'm just a bit woried that tying them back will affect the dreading process. Other than when Im at work I'm always wearing them down. But I have to tie them back for at least 8 hours while im at work. Is this at all no good for the process? Appreciate any help

updated by @moorz: 01/13/15 09:45:08PM
taye
@taye
11 years ago
833 posts

It sucks that you have to tie them up, but at least it is only 8 out of 24 hours a day :) As long as they are loose the rest of the time it will have little effect on them. Just make sure that you separate them. Keeping them up a lot can encourage one big giant mass. I have seen it and it wasn'tpleasant. Dreads need freedom to move around in order to knot properly.

MoorZ
@moorz
11 years ago
46 posts
Is it better to separate after a wash when they are wet? Or should I wait till they dry to separate?
taye
@taye
11 years ago
833 posts

It is easier to separate when they are wet. but you can do it when it is dry.

Anna3
@anna3
11 years ago
70 posts

i work in the culinary industry also and have to keep my hair up while at work. while it does make me have to separate more often, it hasn't hindered my dreading process at all. at long as your hair is down longer than it's tied up you should be okay :)

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form