Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

My hair wont dread

Joseph
@joseph
11 years ago
37 posts

Hey guys, I've been dreading for 19 months now and my progress has been awful. This is what it looks like after 19 months...what am I doing wrong? I must be doing something wrong, because I've seen people with shorter hair dread in like 4 months.

updated by @joseph: 02/14/15 05:50:40AM
Joseph
@joseph
11 years ago
37 posts

Every other day. I use selsun blue for dandruff, cause nothing else works. I let it air dry.

the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

Hi Joseph, Wow, 19 months and no dreads! What are you washing with? Are you using any conditioners or essential oils in your hair?

Joseph
@joseph
11 years ago
37 posts

My shampoos have changed a lot over the past 19 months. I used to use Bronners, then I used BS, now I use Selsun Blue. I get bad dandruff.

the Barrellady said:

Hi Joseph, Wow, 19 months and no dreads! What are you washing with? Are you using any conditioners or essential oils in your hair?

the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

Hi Joseph. Wow, 19 months and no dreads yet. It must be your selsun blue shampoo. Almost all anti dandruff shampoos leave residues which will build up in the hair and they also condition which restricts the dreading process. Use the search tab at the top of this site and type in dandruff, you will find many recipes which will help you and also allow your hair to dread. Many herbs treat dandruff, especially teatree oil and rosemary oil. Make sure to wash every 2-3 days to keep your natural body oil off your hair or the knots that form may slip out. Good luck and keep us posted on your process.

Joseph
@joseph
11 years ago
37 posts

I already tried several oils, man. Selsun Blue has been the only thing that's worked.

the Barrellady said:

Hi Joseph. Wow, 19 months and no dreads yet. It must be your selsun blue shampoo. Almost all anti dandruff shampoos leave residues which will build up in the hair and they also condition which restricts the dreading process. Use the search tab at the top of this site and type in dandruff, you will find many recipes which will help you and also allow your hair to dread. Many herbs treat dandruff, especially teatree oil and rosemary oil. Make sure to wash every 2-3 days to keep your natural body oil off your hair or the knots that form may slip out. Good luck and keep us posted on your process.

the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

Have you tried washing your hair with the baking soda recipe and doing it faithfully for two months before giving up?. It lifts the dandruff away from the scalp.
Joseph said:

I already tried several oils, man. Selsun Blue has been the only thing that's worked.

Joseph
@joseph
11 years ago
37 posts

Yes :/ it just caused more dandruff. Peoples' scalps are different.

the Barrellady said:

Have you tried washing your hair with the baking soda recipe and doing it faithfully for two months before giving up?. It lifts the dandruff away from the scalp.
Joseph said:

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

that sure looks like it should dread easy what are u doing? most of the time its washing or drying thats causing it to not dread

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

no wonder it wont dread dont use that!

u switch what u weash with and i guarantee itr will dread in no time

Joseph said:

Every other day. I use selsun blue for dandruff, cause nothing else works. I let it air dry.

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
 / 3

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form