Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

What does it look like?

James Colby Justice
@james-colby-justice
11 years ago
75 posts

So far I haven't had any problems with this because I always make sure that my dreads remain dry to the best of my ability. However, I was wondering, what does mold in dreadlocks resemble? If my dreads were to mold, what could I do to reverse it if at all possible?

updated by @james-colby-justice: 02/14/15 12:22:07PM
Mons
@mons
11 years ago
518 posts
Do a search for mold in deads...
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

youd smell it not see it id theres enough to see your already in serius trouble and nobody would be able to stand being in the same room with you

to reverse it if its just starting and notg bad at all (say they got a lil funky smelling adter last wast cause u wore a hat) add lavender to your bs or better yet an after rinse

if its progressed and is stinky for weeks mix 3/4 cup white vinager 1/4 cup water and 50 or so drops lavender pour on and leave on 24 hours

alternately u can soak in a strong thyme tea 24 hours (i hear thyme works i know lavender does) if at all possible..sun dry the sunlight helps kill it too

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
James Colby Justice
@james-colby-justice
11 years ago
75 posts

i did, they all looked so waxy! Which is another indicator as to why I should really have nothing to worry about. It's always good to be cautious and well informed though. :)

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

whast> wax would make yiu worry tgen times more wax will cause mold u got to remove all traces of wax wax never should be in dreads at all

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
James Colby Justice
@james-colby-justice
11 years ago
75 posts

No worries! I've never used wax! I was saying that I shouldnt have much to worry about because I havent used it! All of the pictures that I saw were of dreads that looked like they had been caked in the nasty stuff.

James Colby Justice
@james-colby-justice
11 years ago
75 posts

I also read that hair was made of horn and that the only thing that could truly harbor mold was aresidue or substance that was capable of hosting mold growth. (Such as wax, honey etc.)

soaring eagle said:

whast> wax would make yiu worry tgen times more wax will cause mold u got to remove all traces of wax wax never should be in dreads at all

James Colby Justice
@james-colby-justice
11 years ago
75 posts

When I said wax I was actually referring to my search results, lol.

taye
@taye
11 years ago
833 posts

Years ago i dated a guy that had never waxed or put anything in his dreads, His dread smelled so very very bad when they were wet. He got moldy because he would go to bed with them wet. It was awful. So no..... dreads don't have to have a substance in them to mold.

James Colby Justice
@james-colby-justice
11 years ago
75 posts

Thats terrible! I always make sure that I wash in the mornings so they have enough time to dry.

/ 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form