Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Help with this aloe vera spray please! D:

Hannah Wright
@hannah-wright
11 years ago
22 posts

So i recently made a spray for my itchies, it consists of a few drops of rosemary, peppermint, and lavendar essential oils, water, and some gel from one of my aloe plants. Normally when I cut open a plant i store the gel in the fridge or else it will go bad. Should i be storing this spray in fridge as well? I'd hate to have to because i like to carry it with me if i get itchy on the go, but i wouldn't want it to go bad..any suggestions?

Please and thanks, and happy dreading! <3

updated by @hannah-wright: 01/13/15 09:44:34PM
Kelly3
@kelly3
11 years ago
333 posts

I'm not sure howeffectivea spray like this would be. I haven't heard of it, at least. Try doing a freezing rinse and never wash with hot water. Only luke warm.

Also, you shouldn't really be using aloe unless your dreads are mature. It is too conditioning and will slow or undo progress.

Hannah Wright
@hannah-wright
11 years ago
22 posts

Well i always use cool water and do a cold rinse at the end of my washes. I've always had dandruff and an itchy scalp, it's not just because of my dreads. And i only put a small amount of the aloe in the spray because i know it can be really conditioning. I've been putting little bits of it on my scalp from the start because it's one of the only things that helps with the itching and flaking and my hair's been knotting up just fine. I never put it on the actual dread, just on my scalp.

Mons
@mons
11 years ago
518 posts
What size spray bottle and how long does it take to use it all? I would think that with the small amount of aloe and it being watered down that it wouldn't go bad too quickly.
Hannah Wright
@hannah-wright
11 years ago
22 posts

That's what i was thinking too Mons, it's just a real small travel size bottle and i only put maybe half a tablespoon of aloe in there. It'll probably only take about a week or two to use it up.

Kelly3
@kelly3
11 years ago
333 posts

Either way, I don't see how it will help withitchiness. Peppermint has a cooling effect. I do my BS/ACV followed by the freezing rinse. Then I do a rinse with plain water and essential oils, whichIleave in. 20 drops rosemary, 20x lavander, 7-10x teatree and 10-15 peppermint, all in a litre of really cold water for good measure. Make sure to mix up the bottle well if you're going to try it, as oil want to sit on the top.

Hannah Wright
@hannah-wright
11 years ago
22 posts

thanks everyone for your awesome advice (:

Mons
@mons
11 years ago
518 posts
I wash properly and get the random itch here and there. Not like a normal itch, the kind that drive you mad. A little spritz I made with rosemary and tea tree with a few drops of jojoba in water (2 oz spray bottle) helps just fine.Hannah, if it works for you, stick with it.
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form