Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

dreadlocks shampoo pro and con

Sunflower
@sunflower
11 years ago
95 posts

The dreadlocks shampoo bars are absolutely amazing! best decision I made to buy them :D They smell wonderful, feel wonderful, make my hair not only clean but also makes it soft. So what could possibly be a con about them? Well I hate having to separate my hair every day! That is a good/bad thing I guess ;)

So yes the bars help dread like crazy! the entire back of my hair is curly and crazy and well, dread locked! This is my second set of neglect, and on my 1 month I'm at the same as I was before at my 8 month! So its definitely worth buying them :)

And I do have to separateeveryday otherwise I have about 6 little dreads form one huge dread, which I'm not quite into..

The only other thing I have realized with the shampoo bars is that the first few times using it my hair felt kind of sticky, but I didn't wash my hair for about 2 weeks before hand so it might have been because of the oils being removed.

But really if you want wonderful, clean, beautiful dreadlocks, which form extremely quickly! then buy from dreadlockshampoo :D :D

Plus Vickie puts in an extra small liquid shampoo bottle which is for baby locks and is nice to email :)

updated by @sunflower: 01/13/15 09:44:22PM
taye
@taye
11 years ago
833 posts

I love the bars, they smell incredible. My bathroom always smells so good because of them :) Vicki is great. I love the samples that she sends along with the order :) It gives me a chance to try different scents that i normally wouldn't. I am not sure if it is my water type, but i do get a little build up from the bars. I alternate washing with the bars and a liquid shampoo. So i do not get any build up but my dreads smell wonderful!!

Crystalyn
@crystalyn
11 years ago
38 posts

I ordered the tea tree/rosemary bar, and got a really yummy smeeling sample of the goddess bar,when i walk past it i get a huge wiff of awesomeness. ;D

Question: can i start using the bar now (only two weeks in) or should i stick to my current bs/acv washes and wait until i get some babies. I saw in the post above that @sunflower has been using bars and is a month in and has been getting good results. this could be different for everyone... I myself have not dreaded before, i have straight caucasian hair and my scalp get very dry/dandruff is usually a problem. :/

thanks for any advice. Happy dreading everyone!

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

it is diferent for everyone u proably can however the bs has the no touch advantage too

but try it and see

\

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Sunflower
@sunflower
11 years ago
95 posts

Use them straight away :) I'm a month into neglect, but have been using the bar for over a week maybe 2. You can always also buy the locking up shampoo that Vicki sells which is liquid and made for baby dreads, but you can use the bars no problem! I adore the tea tree/rosemary smell, I got that as a sample and regretted not actually buying it :P

Crystalyn
@crystalyn
11 years ago
38 posts

..well its saturday (one of my washing days) and it couldnt have come sooner as i have been itchy and flaky like no other... so i already did my bs wash this morning...i will try to bar on wednesday tho, and use it for a cpl washes to decide. Thank you for advice soaring Eagle and Sunflower. peace lovelight and happy dreads!

Sunflower
@sunflower
11 years ago
95 posts

Also!!! maybe you are having the wrong consistency with your bs wash, I did that and have horrible dandruff... To be honest I would stop bs washes and try going a week or two with only the bar and see how it feels. Its just putting too much of one thing not enough of the other and bam problems, or just your scalp isnt coping with it

katietheladi
@katietheladi
11 years ago
34 posts

i have been keeping my extra bars in the main room of my house, because the bathroom doesn't get much sun and can stay pretty damp, and my whole house smells sooooo good! love the stuff!

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form