Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Tying up Baby Locks?

Joshua3
@joshua3
11 years ago
21 posts

So I'm a fairly avid runner. I typically run 4 or more days in a week. My question; is there a good way to tie back my baby dreads (I'm a week into neglect and hair is pretty long 10+ inch) or at least hold them out of my face?

updated by @joshua3: 02/14/15 07:13:51AM
Castaway J
@castaway-j
11 years ago
585 posts

eh, depends, are they stil;l forming and sectioning? or have they already knotted up? what i would do if still forming is run and let em be FREE :) they form and section with movement so...but if knotted some hair ties would be alright me thinks.

Castaway J
@castaway-j
11 years ago
585 posts

my bad haha i forgot, yeah if i were you i would just let em hang!

Joshua3
@joshua3
11 years ago
21 posts

Haha yea thats pretty much how I've been runnin! cant wait till they grow up some! it'll be exciting. lol

Castaway J said:

my bad haha i forgot, yeah if i were you i would just let em hang!

Patience
@patience
11 years ago
51 posts

I was hoping this thread would answer the same question from me. My hair is to my waist and there are occasions when I really must tie it up for safety orhygienereasons. For example, I'm currently doing up a house with my daughter and need to keep my hair well away from power tools/gloss paint/bleach (and indeed the excrement we've been scrubbing off the walls with the bleach). Is it likely to be a problem making a loose braid or knot? Or what else could you suggest?

Laura Earle
@laura-earle
11 years ago
233 posts

I run almost every day and simply tie my hair back. It's been 5 months, and the hair's dreading up just fine. Putting it in a ponytail just for the duration of your run isn't going to hurt it any.

the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

Patience, I work with wood and also have long hair. What I have done was cut the sleeves off my husbands extra large t-shirt and slip it over my hair. This works fantastic for me.

Patience said:

I was hoping this thread would answer the same question from me. My hair is to my waist and there are occasions when I really must tie it up for safety orhygienereasons. For example, I'm currently doing up a house with my daughter and need to keep my hair well away from power tools/gloss paint/bleach (and indeed the excrement we've been scrubbing off the walls with the bleach). Is it likely to be a problem making a loose braid or knot? Or what else could you suggest?

Joshua3
@joshua3
11 years ago
21 posts

Smart idea Barrellady! I have been using a Nike hair wrap when I run and it doesnt seem to mess up my locks too much. But it does slow down the locking process on the back of my head more I think.

Patience
@patience
11 years ago
51 posts

That sounds a cool idea Barrellady, I'll have to look and see what I can find to do something like that. My hair isn't very fat yet so a narrow sleeve would work! I was looking at hat/headscarf/headband type things but I always find things worn that far forwards push my glasses down which is less than ideal!

Kelly3
@kelly3
11 years ago
333 posts

I never tie my hair when running. Granted, it doesn'twarrantit now, but whenIhad my last set of dreads I ran every day and just let them flop down. I never had any problems.

/ 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form