Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Hair gone astray!

Taylor Sheriff
@taylor-sheriff
11 years ago
6 posts
So i have had my dreads forming naturally for about 6 months now, but i have encountered a very annoying problem. Either through my hair getting snagged on something, or just growing naturally, these bumps of hair (loops of hair really) have formed near the root of my hair. Since my hair is really wavy to begin with it just looks like a lot of big bumps on the top of my head. Any suggestions on how to get rid of them would be greatly appreciated!
updated by @taylor-sheriff: 02/14/15 08:32:10AM
Kelly3
@kelly3
11 years ago
333 posts

It is hard to make suggestions without seeing pictures. But, I don't think there is any way to get rid of them. They will grow out and move away from your scalp. As you likely already know, the dreads will start to shrink and mature, during which time your hair will change drastically. In another couple of months I bet you wont see these bumps as clearly.

TieDyedSoul
@tiedyedsoul
11 years ago
70 posts

I have the same problem going on right now. I am currently a month into my dreading process. I was told just to leave it alone that its going to shrink up and work itself out. I am currently hiding the bumps with bandannas and hats.

Taylor Sheriff
@taylor-sheriff
11 years ago
6 posts

Welp this is what a few of them look like

Taylor Sheriff
@taylor-sheriff
11 years ago
6 posts

(Dont know why that picture keeps opening upsidedown)

Kelly3
@kelly3
11 years ago
333 posts

It's cool, we can see it :) Dont worry yourself about it. If your really self-conscious, you can wear a tam for a while. It will definitely work itself out.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,639 posts

dont grt rid of them they asre your hair dreading they will go away when mature till then get used to them..enjoy them

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,639 posts

you are woerried about that?

are you sure you want dreasds?

you realize that those hideos bumps your so concerned about are the smasllest bumps or loops i ever seen how did you even notice them?

hate to tell ya this but chances are good that your gonna get some a hell of alot bigger soon

and u hasve to

its nesacary part of dreading

its how they dread

just stop worrying

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Kelsey Cliche!
@kelsey-cliche
11 years ago
122 posts
I can't see your pic on my phone, but all my dreads that are formed have started with a bump at the top by the root. Now when I see a new one I get excited because it means a new dread is starting. It's a good thing. :)
Danielle Hache
@danielle-hache
11 years ago
100 posts

my hair has been lumpy now for about 3 months ,....i love it ...definately a part of the process and the bumps just get bigger and harder ....theres no way around it find a way to love them !!!

/ 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form