Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

At what stage do you start seperating?

Kieran Mckenzie
@kieran-mckenzie
11 years ago
5 posts
Hello all:)I'm almost ready to start my dreads! Can't wait:D what I want to know is when to start seperating? Would that be something I only do once the dreads are formed? I would be using the natural method, but what I want to avoid are the complete free form dreads you see on Rastas. I love the different sizes and freedom of free form dreads but I don't like super thick dreads, congos or congas i think, or those double dreads...you know like where they're joined at the root but hve two tips...I imagine you couldn't really seperate until they are formed as it would stop them forming...right? Thank you:)
updated by @kieran-mckenzie: 01/13/15 09:43:58PM
Castaway J
@castaway-j
11 years ago
585 posts

separate when you feel you need too. are you going natural? if so dont worry about it for a couple months. give your hair time to section naturally and begin locking. once you start seeing knots then pay little more attention to them.

ღHippie Loveღ
@hippie-love
11 years ago
80 posts

Ditto.

Castaway J said:

separate when you feel you need too. are you going natural? if so dont worry about it for a couple months. give your hair time to section naturally and begin locking. once you start seeing knots then pay little more attention to them.

Kieran Mckenzie
@kieran-mckenzie
11 years ago
5 posts
Yip going natural, the thing with my hair is it's naturally sectioned all the time and it also knots real fast:) but I think I get it, when they start to kind look like dreads then pay attention:)
Castaway J
@castaway-j
11 years ago
585 posts

right on :) i looove hair that does that its so beautiful! when you go to check them out just be gentle with your kids ;) i used to only touch them with the backs of my hands or fingers just ot be sure.

Kieran Mckenzie said:

Yip going natural, the thing with my hair is it's naturally sectioned all the time and it also knots real fast:) but I think I get it, when they start to kind look like dreads then pay attention:)
Kieran Mckenzie
@kieran-mckenzie
11 years ago
5 posts
Haha:D be gentle with my hair? It more like praying my hair will be gentle with me:D it seems to have a mind of its own...but yea definitely:) I would hate to destroy a beautiful little dread:( will post some pics when I eventually let it dread:)
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form