Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Flat, beaver tail like dread tips

Olivia3
@olivia3
11 years ago
6 posts

Hello! So I'm just really nervous about not doing something 'right' with the neglect method, and maybe that's why I keep coming back here lol.

So I wash my hair with BS rinse 2 to 3 times a week and after I use acv rinse.

Well, some of my dreads seemed to dread properly until the end where it kind of looks flat and wide like a beavers tail. Palm rolling and all that doesn't help, I wanted to keep this journey as natural as possible. I have thick wavy/curly hair and most of my dreads are just really matted loops hair right now. but will the beaver tail type tips form properly, together on it's own, eventually? or?

I'll try to add a picture. Thanks! :)

updated by @olivia3: 01/13/15 09:43:49PM
taye
@taye
11 years ago
833 posts

Don't worry. I have lots of dreads that did that. I wanted the whispy ends...but my tips formed balls. They will eventually round out , takes a while but it will happen. I promise.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

hey are fine the tips will do what the tips wanna do it makes em unique

palm rollings pointless

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Heather
@heather
11 years ago
1,291 posts

i have a whole head of those things. they do start to compact themselves and become a bit more cylindrical over time.

DreadfulAmenita
@taby
11 years ago
80 posts

I have curly hair and most of them did that as the zig zigs started to tighten. Most of them are already looking normal. I put a few beads on the ends for a while, and that helped to tame them too.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form