Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Beads and baby dreads?

Hannah Wright
@hannah-wright
11 years ago
22 posts
So about beads...I've heard they're great to speed up the locking and sectioning process and I've also heard they can cause the cutting off of circulation and that the lack of movement makes the dreading process slow down. My babes are at about a month and a half and a lot underneath are locking nicely while most on top are just barely sectioned off and continue to fall apart. Will placing small beads on the sections that won't dread help them lock together or will that just restrict movement and ableness of them to lock?
updated by @hannah-wright: 01/13/15 09:43:21PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

it heklps but u need to leave movement room above and below so 3 inches or more between the scalp and toip

peyote stitches are even brtter since they flex and alow movement within as well

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
11 years ago
2,702 posts

If you go with beads, don't force them on. If they are too tight, they will choke the lock. If they are too loose, they just won't stay on. You'd need to find a bead that slides on, relatively easily, but is tight enough that it can move around. To prevent it from creating weak spots and damaging your locks, just move it up and down every once in a while. Make sure it doesn't get fixed on 1 spot of the lock.

Peyote stitches are better, of course, like Eagle said. many people like to use wraps. Ixchel posted a video on different types of wrap designs.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form