Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

not fully dreaded...

anthony williams
@anthony-williams
15 years ago
101 posts
i hope not to offend anyone with this post but i just really need to ask... does anyone else here feel that like... "dreadhawks" or dread "mullets" or other non full heads of dreads i guess... are ridiculous? lol. i dunno, like i said if anyone on here has that going on i hope not to offend, but that just started buggin me for some reason while i was on another site just cruisin around and seen pics of this phenomenon lol! and i just felt the need to hear some other opinions. i guess i just dont see the point in being "semi" dreadie lol. just looks gross :/
updated by @anthony-williams: 02/14/15 03:27:26AM
Ivan
@ivan
15 years ago
88 posts
i think it would look kind of weird if it were just those specific sections dreaded only, but to each his own. i did however see a video on youtube that showed a tutorial on how to style a dreadhawk with a full head of dreads though and it looks pretty sick to be honest. i'm planning on trying it out once mine are fully mature and maneuverable.here's the link if you're interested:
anthony williams
@anthony-williams
15 years ago
101 posts
right on bro, yeah ive seen the style of dreadhawk your talkin about and i agree totally, that looks pretty dope! i just meant the ones ive seen with like dreaded tops and shaved sides. ugh. lol! but true that friend, to each their own :) Ivan said:
i think it would look kind of weird if it were just those specific sections dreaded only, but to each his own. i did however see a video on youtube that showed a tutorial on how to style a dreadhawk with a full head of dreads though and it looks pretty sick to be honest. i'm planning on trying it out once mine are fully mature and maneuverable.
here's the link if you're interested:
Harry Brack
@harry-brack
14 years ago
32 posts
yo man, i have to agree, alothough i must say im a culprit myself.it was a previous stlye i have before the choice to make started, i have an undercut on one side, which back in the day i had pretty bad emo hair (glad those days have past) and i didnt have enough hair there to dread n because it wasnt getting washed as much that hair was just getting realy damn greasy and horid, so ive just kept getting rid of it, but the rest of the dreads on that side sorta cover it so its not all bad anthony williams said:
right on bro, yeah ive seen the style of dreadhawk your talkin about and i agree totally, that looks pretty dope! i just meant the ones ive seen with like dreaded tops and shaved sides. ugh. lol! but true that friend, to each their own :)

Ivan said:
i think it would look kind of weird if it were just those specific sections dreaded only, but to each his own. i did however see a video on youtube that showed a tutorial on how to style a dreadhawk with a full head of dreads though and it looks pretty sick to be honest. i'm planning on trying it out once mine are fully mature and maneuverable.
here's the link if you're interested:
Jcisazombie
@jcisazombie
14 years ago
40 posts
Well, I have dreads in the back of my head, not all over my head and I'm sure many people think it's gross or weird or whatever but, I just wanted it done. I do body modifications so I can add things I feel are missing from my body, like, I feel like adding holes and tattoos to my body completes me and places my soul and my ideas on my flesh, which I believe it's supposed to be. So, when I decided to dread three dreads in the back of my head, I felt like it was completing something because, and I'm sure all of you know this, dreads are not like any other haircut. They mean a lot to the individual, and they tell a story in a lot of cases. I don't see what it matters if a person has three dreads, or one thousand dreads, I'm sure the three mean as much to the person as the one thousand do to the other, and everyone should be accepting of others opinions and ideas, instead of making dreads a club where there's a minimum number of dreads you must have to be accepted. People do things for different reasons, for me it was for myself and completing who I want to be in my life. I don't look at a person who has 40 dreads any differently than someone who has 100 and I don't look at anyone who has one dread any differently from someone who has twelve. It's just a journey that they want to go on in a way that makes them feel complete and I think we should all be accepting of that.After all, dreadheads get a lot of shit, regardless of the number of dreads they get. Why would they want to become part of the people giving others shit? Btw, I didn't get offended by your post. =)
Jessica
@jessica
14 years ago
70 posts
I've seen people with just one dreadlock. There are all different reasons. This person had cut theirs and kept one. Ive also had a friend with a dreadhawk... he chose to do it because he was cutting his and he left it a dread hawk for a while before fully cutting them. It must be hard to part with them after years. Elliot the singer from John Browns Body pretty much has a natural mullet... due to balding im guessing, but i think it looks pretty sweet. He definitely has some nice dreads. You too will bald one day and possibly have a dread mullet!!

updated by @jessica: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
Jessica
@jessica
14 years ago
70 posts
Aw i love your three locks:) I think they look great and once they become longer will be even sweeter! I think its pretty unique, from the front you could never tell and then you turn your head and bam, three sweetass dreads! Jcisazombie said:
Well, I have dreads in the back of my head, not all over my head and I'm sure many people think it's gross or weird or whatever but, I just wanted it done. I do body modifications so I can add things I feel are missing from my body, like, I feel like adding holes and tattoos to my body completes me and places my soul and my ideas on my flesh, which I believe it's supposed to be. So, when I decided to dread three dreads in the back of my head, I felt like it was completing something because, and I'm sure all of you know this, dreads are not like any other haircut. They mean a lot to the individual, and they tell a story in a lot of cases. I don't see what it matters if a person has three dreads, or one thousand dreads, I'm sure the three mean as much to the person as the one thousand do to the other, and everyone should be accepting of others opinions and ideas, instead of making dreads a club where there's a minimum number of dreads you must have to be accepted. People do things for different reasons, for me it was for myself and completing who I want to be in my life. I don't look at a person who has 40 dreads any differently than someone who has 100 and I don't look at anyone who has one dread any differently from someone who has twelve. It's just a journey that they want to go on in a way that makes them feel complete and I think we should all be accepting of that.After all, dreadheads get a lot of shit, regardless of the number of dreads they get. Why would they want to become part of the people giving others shit? Btw, I didn't get offended by your post. =)
Jcisazombie
@jcisazombie
14 years ago
40 posts
Awee, thank you. that means a lot. =)I love your dreads too, they look really amazing. Jessica said:
Aw i love your three locks:) I think they look great and once they become longer will be even sweeter! I think its pretty unique, from the front you could never tell and then you turn your head and bam, three sweetass dreads!
Jcisazombie said:
Tomasu
@tomasu
14 years ago
66 posts
before I started dreading my hair, i was going to shave my hair into a mohawk (leaving the top 30 inches long) and i wouldn't of mind dread hawking it.Nevermind ey :)
anthony williams
@anthony-williams
14 years ago
101 posts
right on bro, i really have to agree with everything you just said there. awesome response! :) Jcisazombie said:
 / 3

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form